Skip to main content

Google Analytics Plugin

More
11 years 9 months ago #182704 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.
I performed some new tests and with the modifications from the post #181833 ; I have some elements in my Google Analytics report.
I also made some tests using the paypal notification and I needed to make another modification in the plugin to make it work.
You have to replace
Code:
'cu' => $account->currency
By
Code:
'cu' => $currencyInfo->currency_code
twice in the plugin.
The data is right received by Google Analytics (regarding the "real-time" overview) and I also get the data in the "Conversions > Ecommerce" dashboard.

Please let me know if you have still issues using the two modifications.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182762 by Holmes-Pierce
Thanks for staying with me Jerome!

I have made the changes so I'll let you know what happens.

Do you think that there could be a conflict with my Alpha points or will this be ok?

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182777 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

The HikaShop user points are creating discounts ; they won't interfere with the google analytics plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #183206 by vasnat
Replied by vasnat on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Jerome,

I just upgraded to Hikashop Business today - should I be making this change in my php file as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #183266 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

HikaShop Business 2.3.4 contains the same plugin that HikaShop starter 2.3.4 ; so you will need to apply the same modifications.
I made other improvements in the plugin which are currently testing. These modifications will be include in the next HikaShop release (which will be publish soon).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #184743 by Holmes-Pierce
Hi Jerome,

I hope that you had a nice Christmas!

I thought I would run with it to check that it was working. It seemed to be working fine, but the last 3 transactions haven't been recorded... I can only assume that the other people were clicking back to the website to go to the thank you page.

Any ideas why this feature of re-directing back to my website isn't working? 'Auto-return' is set to 'On'.

Anyhow, it's not recording anything...

Regards,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #184798 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

If the customers are not returned automatically to the website after the payment that would indeed explain why Google Analytics isn't recording anything.
Are you able to reproduce the issue ? If you create an order and then pay it, are you redirected back to the website automatically ?
If not, you should seek advice with PayPal (or whatever payment gateway you're using) support so that they can check that your account is setup properly for the auto redirect back to your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #184828 by Holmes-Pierce
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not being re-directed to the thank you page as I have been previously. I have reproduced this issue and I haven't made any changes at the Paypal website.

There is an option within Paypal to set an auto-return in 'website selling preferences'. To do this you need to set a URL for the thank you page. As I understand, there isn't a static URL for the thank you page as it's different depending on the product that has been bought... So I can't see that this would work.

Within the 'Paypal Payment Plugin' there is an option for return method, which I assumed is responsible for communicating the return from Paypal to the website after purchase. Otherwise, could you please explain to me what 'return method' means?

Regards,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #184835 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

You can set that URL for the auto return option of your PayPal account:
Code:
http://www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&Itemid=XXX
where XXX is the id of the menu item of your checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #184962 by Holmes-Pierce
Just to make sure,

Do I include the XXX in the URL that I set in Paypal?

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #184963 by Holmes-Pierce
I'm sure that this was previously done automatically. I have never had this option set before...

What is the 'Return Method' feature in the paypal payment plugin?

I have put through a dummy order and it seems to be working. I noticed when placing this order that I no longer have the credit card images showing for the 'Pay with Paypal' option on the checkout screen. Any ideas why this would be?

Thanks,
Hal
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Holmes-Pierce. Reason: Mistake and additional information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #185000 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

1. No, you should not include the XXX in the URL. As I said, you need to replace them with the id of the menu item of your checkout. If you put the URL with XXX instead of replacing them, the SEF system of Joomla won't like it and will display a 404 error on the return page.

2. The "Return Method" option is for an odd option of PayPal of the same name.
HikaShop doesn't need it but sometimes when you do custom development on the return page, you might need it to be able to read the PayPal payment data in a custom script.
In your case it doesn't matter.

3. The images can be configured with the option of the same name when you edit the PayPal payment method.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #190618 by Holmes-Pierce
Hello,

Sorry to go on about this again, but within google analytics my sales are being recorded as coming from a referral 'paypal'. This isn't what I would like as it doesn't show the true picture.

Any ideas of how I can get a true reflection of where the traffic comes from?

I'm using Paypal as my only payment method, which takes them offsite, before coming back again...

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #190630 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

The Universal Analytics plugin record when an order is confirmed ; and because the order is confirmed by paypal, the tracking is made at this moment.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #191156 by Holmes-Pierce
Ok thanks Jerome,

Is there a fix for this? In order for me to market effectively, I need to know the origin of the customer that is converting.

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #191184 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

There is no fix for that because the plugin is working fine.
The order is confirmed by paypal ; not by your customer, so there is no way to record something from your customer if he does not display a page which give the order confirmation.
We can do a lot but some things are beyond our possibilities.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #191988 by Holmes-Pierce
Hi Nicolas,

You have recently recommended the following. Where do I find this 'xxx'? What is the menu item of my checkout?

Thanks,
Hal

Hi,

You can set that URL for the auto return option of your PayPal account:
www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com...after_end&Itemid=XXX
where XXX is the id of the menu item of your checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192118 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Analytics Plugin
Hi,

In Joomla, you can create a menu which point to the HikaShop checkout.
It allows you to have a nice url for the checkout.
In HIkaShop you have an option in order to force the menu for the checkout.

This menu have an ID and it's that ID which is generally needed for the "after_end" url ; it allows you to display the right Joomla modules in the page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum