- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
wrong variant import from CSV
- fabio.collura
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.14
Hi,
I have a problem since I have upgrated from Hikashop Starter 2.1.2 to Hikashop Business 2.2.0.
Before upgrade I was able to successfully import products and variants.
After upgrade, only main products are imported. Variants seem to be ignored.
I made some debug and i noticed that variants are loaded into database but product_parent_id were lose during import.
This behavior occurs even when i import a previously exported csv without modifications.
I also tried in a new installation with products and variants created from user interface but the problem still persist.
I also get load of errors saying The column "X" is twice in your CSV. Only the second column data will be taken into account.
In many posts i have read to ignore there errors.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You say that the variants are ignored. How do you know that they are ignored ? Does that mean that they are not added to the product ?
Or they are added in the database but not to the product ? Or they are added to the product but not linked to the characteristics ?
If you look in the database, do you see them in the hikashop_product table ?
Normally, issues with variants import comes from the CSV not being correct. Having the CSV that you're using would help us check that everything is ok with it. Also a screenshot of your characteristic option page would be great.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In many posts i have read to ignore there errors. » since my update to 2.2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You'll have to answer my questions if you want me to be able to say more on your issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fabio.collura
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Variants are added in the database but not to the product. From backend, in products list page (index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product) I can see only main products, not variants (of course I set filters to "all").
From database I saw that variants are linked to characteristics but not to their product. In hikashop_product column product_parent_id is equal to zero.
Today I made a new environment from scratch, and If I load a full csv (with products and variants) then all works fine.
Actually, problem arise when I try to import only variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That explains why. The import doesn't support CSVs with variants without their main products.
Both should be in the same CSV for it to work properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My file worked before update to 2.2.
Import seems ok but I really have error messages like you said.
I will do other tests later.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I checked and we didn't modify the CSV import system in HikaShop 2.2.0.
There are some fixes but the main algorithm is the same, the import works the same than the previous version (but with some fixes).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if there is no "404 error " message ! ......( !important
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hikashop-import.html
2) But what about Troubleshooting page documentation about import export ?
there ll be less post and more time to enhance HKS core functionnalities !!!
3) The chapters of the whole forum follow the workflow process of ecommerce for BackEnd and FrontEnd .
Why not a sticky post with a link for each sub forum ?
for example
for "Import & export ( CSV XLS) " a sticky post could contain many link to the documentation relative to import export ?
Regards
It is awesome how HKS team is responsive (
all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2. Again, if you want to rewrite parts of it, tell you what you want us to add/replace with what text and we'll change it. Note that we already mention that the main product must be together with the variants in the CSV file:
Finally, you can also insert variants of products. You will have to specify in the product_parent_id column the product_code of the main product which must be inserted before the variants in the file.
3. I don't see the practical use for that since there is already a documentation page where we arranged the documentation pages into different groups and that when you create a new topic, we already mention that you can look at that page with a link to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you want to have the error too? Try to import this in a textfield :
And see Attachment for error.
It was without error before Hikashop 2.2. I think.
(For the error in blue « Annonce », that's ok. It's the second line of the import who does it. The one for the category. No problem)
Where is the problem with this importation?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.