- Posts: 377
- Thank you received: 7
Import adding products to parent category
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.4
I have a query. It is with products showing on the front end in the root category which is not what i want. I only want them to show in the sub categories in which they are placed. This i have already changed in the display options for the menu id 686 to only show 'direct sub elements' in the 'sub elements filter' dropdown. However they are actually in the root in the backend also, which may be due to my import file. I asked advice from Nicolas about this and he suggested the format which i have attached.
My main point here is stopping those products from showing on the front end until i have clicked into that sub category.
Thanks
Alex.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For these products which are in the root category, are they in other categories or just the root one ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
They are also in the categories they should be in, they are not in the parent category 'worcester' but in the category below root 'product category', which they shouldnt be entered into. I haven't even mentioned the category 'product category' in the CSV so i am not sure why they are being imported to this category also. It will end up making the site very messy as i think once complete there will somewhere in the region of 50,000 products on the site.
Thanks
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said by email, I checked your CSV and I don't see why it would add the products to the main category. It doesn't on my end.
Note that if your categories are already created, you can simply delete the "parent_category" column from the CSV as the system will be able to link the product to the categories directly. Maybe that would help ?
I did a test on my end like below and I couldn't reproduce the issue:
product_code,parent_category,categories
my_prod_test_import,main category for test import,category of product for import
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am trying to use this as a solution but it doesn't work at all. I understand you have been unable to reproduce the problem but it can't be just bad luck for me, is there a difference in the server setup or php that could be causing it to work for you guys and not me?
I have done an export but it is a mess, all the product categories are wrong in the export and everything is not as a fed into the system. Is there no chance you could take a look at this as i really don't think this is something i have done incorrectly, it simply doesn't work...
Thanks
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
All the products with a category specified in the "categories" column were inserted only in the categories stated in the CSV.
All the products without any category specified in the "categories" column were inserted in the root category since the system forbids products without categories.
As far as I can see the import works fine. I don't see why the server or website would change anything.
Did you see that most of your products don't have a category entered at all in your CSV (and thus they fall in the second group of products I talked about above and thus are added to the main product category) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are right! Sorry i didn't see this was the case and i thought the products were being added twice...
Thanks for your help and it looks like Hikashop is working just perfectly!
Kind regards
Alex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Blesses
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This means that either you didn't enter any menu item id in the "itemid"/"menu" option of the options screen of the hikashop category search plugin, or that you did, but that it's not a hikashop category listing menu item or that it is but that it's not configured properly to display products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.