- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Basic Import questions
- defiantclass
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #134169
by defiantclass
Basic Import questions was created by defiantclass
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.paulsplaceonline.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error
I just have some basic questions on importing data into HikaShop. I have been looking at the docs and posts, but have not found explanations yet.
Basically, I want to import products. I exported a file of what is already in HikaShop to see the structure.
1) In my exported file, which I'll use as the Import template, I assume I should delete all existing records so I only import new items?
2) The fields "product_created", "product_modified", "product_last_seen_date" have value similar to: 1380642125. How do I create appropriate values for my new records for these fields? Or will the system assign these once records are imported?
3) I don't know what the field "product_hit" means. Those fields have 2 digit values, like 58 for example.
4) Also "products_ordering". An example of a value for that field is 8. What is that field and should I enter a value in that fields for each new record?
And basically, is creating a new sheet with products to be added all that I need to do? I don't need to do anything in the sql database, or any other part of HikaShop, provided I am using all the same existing categories, etc. Just adding new products to what is already in there.
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error
I just have some basic questions on importing data into HikaShop. I have been looking at the docs and posts, but have not found explanations yet.
Basically, I want to import products. I exported a file of what is already in HikaShop to see the structure.
1) In my exported file, which I'll use as the Import template, I assume I should delete all existing records so I only import new items?
2) The fields "product_created", "product_modified", "product_last_seen_date" have value similar to: 1380642125. How do I create appropriate values for my new records for these fields? Or will the system assign these once records are imported?
3) I don't know what the field "product_hit" means. Those fields have 2 digit values, like 58 for example.
4) Also "products_ordering". An example of a value for that field is 8. What is that field and should I enter a value in that fields for each new record?
And basically, is creating a new sheet with products to be added all that I need to do? I don't need to do anything in the sql database, or any other part of HikaShop, provided I am using all the same existing categories, etc. Just adding new products to what is already in there.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134234
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Basic Import questions
Hi,
1) You can let the existing products, the system will update them.
2) You don't have to add these values, they will be automatically generated.
3) Product hit is the number of time a product have been seen. So you can set a value or let it empty.
4) It's not a necessity, but if you want to have a specific order for your products, you can set a value for each entry.
And if you have a correct csv file, you don't have to do anything in database or something else.
1) You can let the existing products, the system will update them.
2) You don't have to add these values, they will be automatically generated.
3) Product hit is the number of time a product have been seen. So you can set a value or let it empty.
4) It's not a necessity, but if you want to have a specific order for your products, you can set a value for each entry.
And if you have a correct csv file, you don't have to do anything in database or something else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds