- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Import variants problem
12 years 9 months ago #135658
by tuva
Import variants problem was created by tuva
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
Using Open Office Calc
I'm getting very close, but having problems with getting variants to import.
I have about 260 products with 2 variants for each - an original painting and a print. I set up two products correctly in Hikashop with the variants as an example. Those are product IDs 108 and 209.
I exported the file, then edited it in Open Office Calc to match the same structure. When I import, it gets all of the products but not the variants.
In Open Office, I think I see the problem - the last two columns are "related" and "options". The next column has no header and that is where Calc thinks the variants should go.
I have included the two files:
workfile from hikashopexport4.csv - the file I'm editing
test.txt - exported from Hikashop after the import
I think all I need to do is get the correct heading name for the variants, but I can't find that documentation. Any help would be appreciated.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
Using Open Office Calc
I'm getting very close, but having problems with getting variants to import.
I have about 260 products with 2 variants for each - an original painting and a print. I set up two products correctly in Hikashop with the variants as an example. Those are product IDs 108 and 209.
I exported the file, then edited it in Open Office Calc to match the same structure. When I import, it gets all of the products but not the variants.
In Open Office, I think I see the problem - the last two columns are "related" and "options". The next column has no header and that is where Calc thinks the variants should go.
I have included the two files:
workfile from hikashopexport4.csv - the file I'm editing
test.txt - exported from Hikashop after the import
I think all I need to do is get the correct heading name for the variants, but I can't find that documentation. Any help would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135681
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import variants problem
The column name should be the name of your characteristic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135751
by tuva
Replied by tuva on topic Import variants problem
OK, that explains it. Actually we didn't want to use a name for the variant because the Original and Print were enough explanation. So if I add "Type" as the name, any way to remove that after the import in a batch process? thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135759
by tuva
Replied by tuva on topic Import variants problem
Never mind. My dev team says they know how to do that. Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds