- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 1
Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
12 years 8 months ago #141130
by oilibear
Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2 was created by oilibear
Hi,
I have an existing site that runs on Joomla 1.5 with VM 1.1.9. I want to import products from the existing VM to Hikashop that runs on Joomla 3.2. How to go about it? Can I export VM database to CSV file, change headers and import data to Hikashop? What would be the database structure, what to change in VM CSV file? I was thinking to instal VM 2 on my Joomla 3.2, migrate VM 1 to VM 2 and then to Hikashop but that seems to be very time consuming. Any ideas?
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kashka
-- HikaShop version -- : hikashop business 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
I have an existing site that runs on Joomla 1.5 with VM 1.1.9. I want to import products from the existing VM to Hikashop that runs on Joomla 3.2. How to go about it? Can I export VM database to CSV file, change headers and import data to Hikashop? What would be the database structure, what to change in VM CSV file? I was thinking to instal VM 2 on my Joomla 3.2, migrate VM 1 to VM 2 and then to Hikashop but that seems to be very time consuming. Any ideas?
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kashka
-- HikaShop version -- : hikashop business 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141154
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
Hi,
Doing the migration via VM2 is indeed an option. You can also directly import from VM1 but HikaShop needs to be installed on the same website.
Otherwise, a CSV import is also possible for the products. You'll basically have to change all the column titles in the CSV in order to use instead the column titles of HikaShop. You can create a product in HikaShop and do an export in order to get a CSV and see what are the columns for HikaShop.
Doing the migration via VM2 is indeed an option. You can also directly import from VM1 but HikaShop needs to be installed on the same website.
Otherwise, a CSV import is also possible for the products. You'll basically have to change all the column titles in the CSV in order to use instead the column titles of HikaShop. You can create a product in HikaShop and do an export in order to get a CSV and see what are the columns for HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141166
by oilibear
Replied by oilibear on topic Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
Hi,
thanks for that, it's not only the product but the order's history, shipping methods and other settings, is there a sample CSV file I can get in order to view the structure? Is it only the table names to be changed or the columns too?
Please briefly review the CSV file and let me know if it's doable.- couldn't attached the file to the post???
Thanks,
Kashka
thanks for that, it's not only the product but the order's history, shipping methods and other settings, is there a sample CSV file I can get in order to view the structure? Is it only the table names to be changed or the columns too?
Please briefly review the CSV file and let me know if it's doable.- couldn't attached the file to the post???
Thanks,
Kashka
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by oilibear.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141239
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
Hi,
Shipping methods and "other settings" cannot be imported since the settings are quite different.
To get a sample CSV, you can create a product in HikaShop and do an export as I said in my previous message.
Note that I'm talking about CSV import/export via the interface of HikaShop, not the database. So there is no "table" to change because on a CSV, you only have column names.
You can attach CSVs, but we limit the size of the files. Only 2MB max.
Shipping methods and "other settings" cannot be imported since the settings are quite different.
To get a sample CSV, you can create a product in HikaShop and do an export as I said in my previous message.
Note that I'm talking about CSV import/export via the interface of HikaShop, not the database. So there is no "table" to change because on a CSV, you only have column names.
You can attach CSVs, but we limit the size of the files. Only 2MB max.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #141956
by oilibear
Replied by oilibear on topic Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
Hi,
I exported CSV file that consist of product only information from VM, could you please have a look and let me know if it's very hard to match the columns I have with the Hikashop structure, please?
Thanks in advance,
Kashka
I exported CSV file that consist of product only information from VM, could you please have a look and let me know if it's very hard to match the columns I have with the Hikashop structure, please?
Thanks in advance,
Kashka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142026
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import virtuemart 1.1.9 to Hikashop Joomla 3.2
Hi,
No it's not difficult. Do an export of a product in HikaShop and compare the columns between HikaShop and VirtueMart and you'll see what you need to put for the name of the columns in the CSV.
No it's not difficult. Do an export of a product in HikaShop and compare the columns between HikaShop and VirtueMart and you'll see what you need to put for the name of the columns in the CSV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds