Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
12 years 7 months ago #144911
by ian.plumb
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file was created by ian.plumb
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17
My website works fine, people can buy stuff through the store without issue.
However when I exported my prodcuts to CSV and opened it in Excel it displayed each product's details in the first cell. I renamed the file extension to txt, opened the file in Excel, set the delimiter to semicolon.
So I opened the file in a text editor...
Looks like something has gone badly astray. Is there a trick to doing the export?
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17
My website works fine, people can buy stuff through the store without issue.
However when I exported my prodcuts to CSV and opened it in Excel it displayed each product's details in the first cell. I renamed the file extension to txt, opened the file in Excel, set the delimiter to semicolon.
So I opened the file in a text editor...
Code:
"product_id;""product_parent_id"";""product_name"";""product_description"";""product_quantity"";""product_code"";""product_published"";""product_hit"";""product_created"";""product_sale_start"";""product_sale_end"";""product_delay_id"";""product_tax_id"";""product_type"";""product_vendor_id"";""product_manufacturer_id"";""product_url"";""product_weight"";""product_keywords"";""product_weight_unit"";""product_modified"";""product_meta_description"";""product_dimension_unit"";""product_width"";""product_length"";""product_height"";""product_max_per_order"";""product_access"";""product_group_after_purchase"";""product_min_per_order"";""product_contact"";""product_last_seen_date"";""product_sales"";""product_waitlist"";""product_layout"";""product_average_score"";""product_total_vote"";""product_page_title"";""product_alias"";""product_price_percentage"";""product_canonical"";""product_msrp"";""product_display_quantity_field"";""categories_ordering"";""parent_category"";""categories_image"";""categories"";""price_value"";""price_currency_id"";""price_min_quantity"";""price_access"";""files"";""images"";""related"";""options"";""1 Inch Floor Tiles"";""1.5 Inch Floor Tiles"";""Wall Blocks"";""Roof Tiles""",,,,,,,,,,,
Code:
"294;0;""Citadel Foundation Paint"";""<p>Citadel Foundation Paint. List required colours in the box.</p>"";50;""Citadel_Foundation_Paint"";1;257;1361659791;0;0;0;11;""main"";0;0;"""";0.050;"""";""kg"";1361659791;"""";""m"";0.000;0.000;0.000;0;""all"";"""";0;0;1392817297;0;0;"""";0;0;"""";"""";0.0000000;"""";0.0000000;0;0;"""";"""";""Citadel"";3.53600;""USD"";0;""all"";"""";""paints/citadelfoundationpaint.jpg"";"""";"""";"""";"""";"""";""""",,,,,,,,,,,
Looks like something has gone badly astray. Is there a trick to doing the export?
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #144928
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
Hi,
I think that the problem is probably coming from your excel which modify the structure of your CSV file, can you download the last hikashop version (2.3.0) through our website, install it and test it again ?
I think that the problem is probably coming from your excel which modify the structure of your CSV file, can you download the last hikashop version (2.3.0) through our website, install it and test it again ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ian.plumb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145104
by ian.plumb
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Replied by ian.plumb on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
Hi,
Rather than installing the newer software I simply saved the export file rather than sending it directly to Excel. Opened the file in a text editor and it looks fine to me.
Rather than installing the newer software I simply saved the export file rather than sending it directly to Excel. Opened the file in a text editor and it looks fine to me.
Regards,
Ian P.
Griffin Grove Gaming
www.griffingrove.com.au
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151442
by CPSD
Replied by CPSD on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
I have the same issue when opening an exported file either directly in Excel or saved first. Everything gets dumped into column A so the data can not be used. HikaShop 2.3.0 | Joomla 3.2.3
A1 contents
A1 contents
Code:
"user_id";"user_cms_id";"user_email";"user_partner_email";"user_params";"user_partner_id";"user_partner_price";"user_partner_paid";"user_created_ip";"user_unpaid_amount";"user_partner_currency_id";"user_created";"user_currency_id";"user_partner_activated";"order_id";"order_billing_address_id";"order_shipping_address_id";"order_user_id";"order_status";"order_type";"order_number";"order_created";"order_modified";"order_invoice_id";"order_invoice_number";"order_invoice_created";"order_currency_id";"order_full_price";"order_tax_info";"order_discount_code";"order_discount_price";"order_discount_tax";"order_payment_id";"order_payment_method";"order_payment_price";"order_payment_params";"order_shipping_id";"order_shipping_method";"order_shipping_price";"order_shipping_tax";"order_shipping_params";"order_partner_id";"order_partner_price";"order_partner_paid";"order_partner_currency_id";"order_ip";"id";"name";"username";"email";"password";"block";"sendEmail";"registerDate";"lastvisitDate";"activation";"params";"lastResetTime";"resetCount";"otpKey";"otep";"shipping_address_id";"shipping_address_user_id";"shipping_address_title";"shipping_address_firstname";"shipping_address_middle_name";"shipping_address_lastname";"shipping_address_company";"shipping_address_street";"shipping_address_street2";"shipping_address_post_code";"shipping_address_city";"shipping_address_telephone";"shipping_address_telephone2";"shipping_address_fax";"shipping_address_state";"shipping_address_country";"shipping_address_published";"shipping_address_vat";"shipping_address_default";"billing_address_id";"billing_address_user_id";"billing_address_title";"billing_address_firstname";"billing_address_middle_name";"billing_address_lastname";"billing_address_company";"billing_address_street";"billing_address_street2";"billing_address_post_code";"billing_address_city";"billing_address_telephone";"billing_address_telephone2";"billing_address_fax";"billing_address_state";"billing_address_country";"billing_address_published";"billing_address_vat";"billing_address_default";"order_full_tax";"item1_order_product_id";"item1_order_id";"item1_product_id";"item1_order_product_quantity";"item1_order_product_name";"item1_order_product_code";"item1_order_product_price";"item1_order_product_tax";"item1_order_product_tax_info";"item1_order_product_options";"item1_order_product_option_parent_id";"item1_order_product_wishlist_id";"item1_order_product_shipping_id";"item1_order_product_shipping_method";"item1_order_product_shipping_price";"item1_order_product_shipping_tax";"item1_order_product_shipping_params";"item2_order_product_id";"item2_order_id";"item2_product_id";"item2_order_product_quantity";"item2_order_product_name";"item2_order_product_code";"item2_order_product_price";"item2_order_product_tax";"item2_order_product_tax_info";"item2_order_product_options";"item2_order_product_option_parent_id";"item2_order_product_wishlist_id";"item2_order_product_shipping_id";"item2_order_product_shipping_method";"item2_order_product_shipping_price";"item2_order_product_shipping_tax";"item2_order_product_shipping_params"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151520
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
Hi,
I don't see problem with this content.
The quotes looks good and the cell separator is the semicolon ( ; ) but not the comma ( , ).
HikaShop have a detection algorithm which allow it to detect the cell separator, so it should work as long as the all file use the same cell separator for each lines.
Regards,
I don't see problem with this content.
The quotes looks good and the cell separator is the semicolon ( ; ) but not the comma ( , ).
HikaShop have a detection algorithm which allow it to detect the cell separator, so it should work as long as the all file use the same cell separator for each lines.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151537
by Baktrak
Replied by Baktrak on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
I have the same problem. The simple answer is that a semicolon is not a comma. In most EN configurations, Excel expects a CSV to be comma-separated. In Windows, you can change that in Control Panel > Region and Language > Formats > Additional settings > List separator. Alternative 1: Add "sep=;" (without quotes) as the first line of the CSV file. Alternative 2: Use excel's text file import wizard and specify the separator as a semicolon. Alternative 3: Replace all the separator semicolons with commas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier, Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151755
by CPSD
Replied by CPSD on topic Excel not recognizing the Export CSV file
DOH! :blush: Thanks for the replies.
Once I realised my mistake was able to reorganize in Excel 2010 via Data Ribbon > Text to Columns. This opens a wizard that allows you to set the Delimiter using check-boxes. And yes Baktrak, my EN install was expecting commas.
Once I realised my mistake was able to reorganize in Excel 2010 via Data Ribbon > Text to Columns. This opens a wizard that allows you to set the Delimiter using check-boxes. And yes Baktrak, my EN install was expecting commas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds