- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 0
Import custom fields from Virtuemart to Hika
12 years 5 months ago #151410
by DimLVL
Import custom fields from Virtuemart to Hika was created by DimLVL
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
time4digi.com
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.x
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Good day!
I want to migrate from VM 2 to Hikashop. I want to export first all my products from VM to csv, update site from joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.2 and import products to Hika. The question is, that in current version of my shop, I have custom fields, such as:
Platform, Genre, Rating, Region and Release date. Also I have System requirement custom field. Is it possible to import somehow these fields to hika? And where I can read more about the process?
Just I want to be sure, that I will have same shop with same functionality right after payment, not to involve too much attention to manual work. And I don't want to pay for the product I'm not sure that I need.
Thanks!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.x
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Good day!
I want to migrate from VM 2 to Hikashop. I want to export first all my products from VM to csv, update site from joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.2 and import products to Hika. The question is, that in current version of my shop, I have custom fields, such as:
Platform, Genre, Rating, Region and Release date. Also I have System requirement custom field. Is it possible to import somehow these fields to hika? And where I can read more about the process?
Just I want to be sure, that I will have same shop with same functionality right after payment, not to involve too much attention to manual work. And I don't want to pay for the product I'm not sure that I need.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151512
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Import custom fields from Virtuemart to Hika
Hi,
For the migration I recommend to save all your data, then install HikaShop, use the migration option from VirtueMart to HikaShop in the HikaShop > Product > Import menu.
Export the HikaShop tables, install Joomla 3.2, Install HikaShop, import back the tables data.
Regarding the custom fields, they are not managed in the HikaShop migration system so you will have to create a script to export them and then import them back in the HikaShop custom fields via a MySQL request.
Here is the documentation of the HikaShop custom fields:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
For the migration I recommend to save all your data, then install HikaShop, use the migration option from VirtueMart to HikaShop in the HikaShop > Product > Import menu.
Export the HikaShop tables, install Joomla 3.2, Install HikaShop, import back the tables data.
Regarding the custom fields, they are not managed in the HikaShop migration system so you will have to create a script to export them and then import them back in the HikaShop custom fields via a MySQL request.
Here is the documentation of the HikaShop custom fields:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154030
by DimLVL
Replied by DimLVL on topic Import custom fields from Virtuemart to Hika
I've successfuly transered all my products. Unfortunately I have some problems with Brands. Can you tell me, how can I transfere them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154317
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import custom fields from Virtuemart to Hika
The brands should be transferred automatically to HikaShop when you run the VirtueMart import.
If that didn't work, then there is no simple way to do it. You would have to either run a script for that or add them manually via the backend interface of HikaShop.
If that didn't work, then there is no simple way to do it. You would have to either run a script for that or add them manually via the backend interface of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds