add parent id to products
12 years 5 months ago #153136
by Boudewijn
add parent id to products was created by Boudewijn
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
Perhaps a strange question.
I have imported products with just product codes.
But I would like to add parent id's to it.
When I set the original imported file to a template with these parents the message apears that it isn't possible.
This to avoid conficts.
Is there a way to overcome this or do this easy?
Regards,
Boudewijn
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
Perhaps a strange question.
I have imported products with just product codes.
But I would like to add parent id's to it.
When I set the original imported file to a template with these parents the message apears that it isn't possible.
This to avoid conficts.
Is there a way to overcome this or do this easy?
Regards,
Boudewijn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153152
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic add parent id to products
Hi,
I'm not following you.
You want to set the product_parent_id field of the products in the CSV that you're importing ?
In that case, it means that you're not importing products but variants and you would have to specify a main product for them and characteristic columns with the values filled, etc.
I'm not following you.
You want to set the product_parent_id field of the products in the CSV that you're importing ?
In that case, it means that you're not importing products but variants and you would have to specify a main product for them and characteristic columns with the values filled, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153232
by Boudewijn
Replied by Boudewijn on topic add parent id to products
Hi Nicolas,
I thought so. Some things are difficult to explain in words.
In the attached file you'll find a copy how it is set up yet and the way I would like to modify to.
I experience my POS system works better when it has been set up with parent id
I thought so. Some things are difficult to explain in words.
In the attached file you'll find a copy how it is set up yet and the way I would like to modify to.
I experience my POS system works better when it has been set up with parent id
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Boudewijn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic add parent id to products
I still don't understand what you're trying to do. The product_parent_id field is only used for variants of products. It should be empty for main products.
But it doesn't look like your CSV are for variants.
The product_code column should always be filled as well.
I would recommend to create a product like you want in your backend and export it. You'll get a CSV with an example of what should be done.
But it doesn't look like your CSV are for variants.
The product_code column should always be filled as well.
I would recommend to create a product like you want in your backend and export it. You'll get a CSV with an example of what should be done.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153390
by Boudewijn
Replied by Boudewijn on topic add parent id to products
Hi Nicolas,
Your right. I uploaded a wrong example.
Hopefully this makes more sense to understand.
Just to summarize.
I have created products based on products with no variants. So only the product code is filled.
But I would like to change these products to ones with variants. (like parents and child)
What I do is create a csv with these productsbut then setup like it shoud be a product with variants
But the import is not accepted. This because of the doublures
Your right. I uploaded a wrong example.
Hopefully this makes more sense to understand.
Just to summarize.
I have created products based on products with no variants. So only the product code is filled.
But I would like to change these products to ones with variants. (like parents and child)
What I do is create a csv with these productsbut then setup like it shoud be a product with variants
But the import is not accepted. This because of the doublures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153425
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic add parent id to products
Hi,
You need to specify the characteristic value too.
I don't really know if "Maat" is a characteristic and "nvt" a variant name but if it is you should set the "nvt" only on the variant not on the main product. If it"s not, you have to make something like that.
You need to specify the characteristic value too.
I don't really know if "Maat" is a characteristic and "nvt" a variant name but if it is you should set the "nvt" only on the variant not on the main product. If it"s not, you have to make something like that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds