- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
Cant import products with the same name
12 years 4 months ago #154812
by tinadevi
Cant import products with the same name was created by tinadevi
Hi,
Problem 1.
The system is not letting me upload products if they have the same name. Any way to get around this easily?
This is a sample of the file that I'm using for testing. Tab delimited. I'm cutting and pasting from excel.
6 products uploaded but only 3 listed. 3 of the diet coke products are not listed AND it assigns all the images to the one diet coke.
I need all as separate products. I tried assigning a unique product id to each but they were all rejected.
Problem 2.
In the back end when I try to browse the brands, none of the products are displayed. For example if I look at Tropicana, I don't see any products.
Which field missing from my data?
thanks for helping!
tina
-- url of the page with the problem -- on local server
-- HikaShop version -- : starter 2.3.0
-- Joomla version --
.3.0
Problem 1.
The system is not letting me upload products if they have the same name. Any way to get around this easily?
This is a sample of the file that I'm using for testing. Tab delimited. I'm cutting and pasting from excel.
Code:
images product_manufacturer_id product_name product_description categories
thumb_DietCoke12_1liter.jpg 60 Diet Coke (12/1 Liter Bottles) product category;Soft Drinks
thumb_del_4a3d17f9b99e2.jpg 60 Diet Coke (32/12 oz Cans) product category;Soft Drinks
thumb_DietCoke8_2Liters.jpg 60 Diet Coke (4/2 Liter Bottles) product category;Soft Drinks
thumb_DietCokeCaffeineFree24_20oz.jpg 60 Diet Coke Caffeine Free (24/20 oz Bottles) product category;Soft Drinks
thumb_DietCokeBottles.jpg 60 Diet Coke (24/20oz Bottles) product category;Soft Drinks
thumb_DietCokeLime24_20.jpg 60 Diet Coke Lime (24/20 oz Bottles) product category;Soft Drinks
6 products uploaded but only 3 listed. 3 of the diet coke products are not listed AND it assigns all the images to the one diet coke.
I need all as separate products. I tried assigning a unique product id to each but they were all rejected.
Problem 2.
In the back end when I try to browse the brands, none of the products are displayed. For example if I look at Tropicana, I don't see any products.
Which field missing from my data?
thanks for helping!
tina
-- url of the page with the problem -- on local server
-- HikaShop version -- : starter 2.3.0
-- Joomla version --
.3.0 Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154827
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Cant import products with the same name
Hi,
1. You have to specify a product code, and have a different product code for each products.
2. It's not working exactly as the categories, currently it don't display the products under the brands. I add it on our TODO list.
1. You have to specify a product code, and have a different product code for each products.
2. It's not working exactly as the categories, currently it don't display the products under the brands. I add it on our TODO list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tinadevi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154887
by tinadevi
Replied by tinadevi on topic Cant import products with the same name
Good Morning Xavier,
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: harvi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds