- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
Import price_access to reflect actual User Group
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #163113
by artisanwebandprint
Hello,
This may get the same answer as importing tags, but I don't see a forum query on it so, I thought I would ask just to make sure.
My client is importing a large database of jewelry into the website. She has three prices: Retail, Wholesale, Cost.
Retail would be available to All (Public in Joomla)
Wholesale would be available to the Custom Group "Wholesale" (Registered>Wholesale) - a custom ACL
Cost would be available to the Super User only for reporting purposes
I've tried importing this:
price_value,price_currency_id,price_min_quantity,price_access
3.60|1.80|1.75,USD|USD|USD,0|0|0,all|wholesale|super user
and the result I get is
Is there any way to get it to select the existing ACL group during import? If not, is there a mass action or a way I can do this without having to go into every product and manually update it? There are only three prices for every product, just like the example I gave.
Thanks,
Dawn
This may get the same answer as importing tags, but I don't see a forum query on it so, I thought I would ask just to make sure.
My client is importing a large database of jewelry into the website. She has three prices: Retail, Wholesale, Cost.
Retail would be available to All (Public in Joomla)
Wholesale would be available to the Custom Group "Wholesale" (Registered>Wholesale) - a custom ACL
Cost would be available to the Super User only for reporting purposes
I've tried importing this:
price_value,price_currency_id,price_min_quantity,price_access
3.60|1.80|1.75,USD|USD|USD,0|0|0,all|wholesale|super user
and the result I get is
Is there any way to get it to select the existing ACL group during import? If not, is there a mass action or a way I can do this without having to go into every product and manually update it? There are only three prices for every product, just like the example I gave.
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163124
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import price_access to reflect actual User Group
Hi,
The access levels of prices can be imported with CSVs, however, you cannot use the user group name, you need to use the user group id (same as what you get when you export the products).
So suppose that the wholesale user group is 6 and that the super user group is 7, you would need to import like this:
price_value,price_currency_id,price_min_quantity,price_access
3.60|1.80|1.75,USD|USD|USD,0|0|0,"all|,6,|,7,"
Note that the user group ids need to be surrounded by commas (it's a trick we use in the database for the efficiency of the MySQL queries).
The access levels of prices can be imported with CSVs, however, you cannot use the user group name, you need to use the user group id (same as what you get when you export the products).
So suppose that the wholesale user group is 6 and that the super user group is 7, you would need to import like this:
price_value,price_currency_id,price_min_quantity,price_access
3.60|1.80|1.75,USD|USD|USD,0|0|0,"all|,6,|,7,"
Note that the user group ids need to be surrounded by commas (it's a trick we use in the database for the efficiency of the MySQL queries).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
12 years 2 months ago #163731
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Import price_access to reflect actual User Group
Yes, it worked.
Thanks!
Dawn
Thanks!
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds