- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Migrating from J1.5 VM directly to J3.3 Hikashop?
I also tried exporting a CSV from the old site using CSVI. I was able to import that CSV in and I can see all the items but it did not bring in the prices or images nor did it store the items in categories.
What is the proper way to migrate from such an old version of VM over to Hikashop?
Old site temp URL is : regional-supply.com/index.php/vmchk.html
New site temp URL is: www.straightarrowhosting.net/~sawstemp/r...for-products-listing
-- PHP version -- :5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Andre
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best for the import is to install HikaShop on the J1.5 website and process the import here.
Then you will be able to migrate the HikaShop tables from your J1.5 website to the J3.3 one.
HikaShop 2.3.2 is still compatible with Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.x with the same package and the same files.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Anyway, thank you for the help on that part of this project.
I do have one followup question to all this though. The transfer did not seem to do anything with the images. Every image for every product and category is just the plain barcode image. Can I import the old images somehow?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The virtuemart import system should copy the images from the virtuemart image folder into the HikaShop image folder ( media/com_hikashop/upload/ )
When you move an HikaShop website, more than the database table content, you have to copy the content of the upload folder (except the thumbnail folders which will be re-created).
If the problem is in the Joomla 1.5 website, where both virtuemart and hikashop are installed, it could be a import problem when trying to copy the images.
The import is designed to display troubles when it can't find/copy images, listing the missing files.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think the problem for me was that the Next link during each part of the transfer from VM was very small and the first time I tried it I honestly did not realize that there was more than one step to the process. I wasn't expecting to have to hit Next seven or eight times in order to complete the conversion.
Ah! Thank you maestroc! Exactly the same thing happened to me. I thought the VM import was doing nothing, and I didn't even notice that HS was prompting me to move through several other steps, because the first two pages look almost exactly the same. I strongly suggest to the Hikashop development team to redesign the pages so that they display more clearly the steps on how to proceed.
In any case, problem solved!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In looking at the old 1.5 site it does not appear that Hikashop imported the image paths for the individual items. It did so for the categories but not the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I ran the query:
SELECT b.product_name, a.file_path FROM `mpx_hikashop_file` a INNER JOIN `mpx_hikashop_product` b ON a.file_ref_id = b.product_id WHERE a.file_type = 'product'
and it seemed to run successfully (partial output shown below, no error messages):
product_name
file_path
WorldWide Electric Worm Gear Reducer-Flange Input,...
WorldWide_Electr_4cf3f9dbc302d.jpg
WorldWide Electric Worm Gear Reducer-Flange Input,...
WorldWide_Electr_4cf3fcae639f7.jpg
WorldWide Electric Worm Gear Reducer-Flange Input,...
WorldWide_Electr_4cf4034e1c447.jpg
WorldWide Electric Worm Gear Reducer-Flange Input,...
WorldWide_Electr_4cf401fcf307f.jpg
Those files are currently sitting in the media/com_hikashop/upload folder. Should they be in a different place?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But I recently made some changes on the images import for VM 1, so just to be sure, try to replace your administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/importvm.php file by the one attached to this post, and try to import again from a clean installation (without any previous import made). Images should be imported. If not, send me via mp your access (website backend, FTP, database), so I can try by myself and see what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Because of this I think the image issue may be something that is not Hikashop related (many of the images seem to be missing from the old VM installation). But I now have another possibly related concern to this migration. I will ask that question in a different thread, and for now I will leave this one for later.
Thank you for your help with this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.