- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
CSV Exported file crashed Excel
12 years 2 months ago #164255
by maujbigo
CSV Exported file crashed Excel was created by maujbigo
Hi,
I needed to change the 'CSV Separator' in the configuration to comma but the exported file isn't recognised by excel.
When I click to open the exported file, excel crashes. I need it to work with comma as my excel does not recognise semicolon.
Does this happen on your Joomla 3 demo as well? Any clue to what could be happening?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
I needed to change the 'CSV Separator' in the configuration to comma but the exported file isn't recognised by excel.
When I click to open the exported file, excel crashes. I need it to work with comma as my excel does not recognise semicolon.
Does this happen on your Joomla 3 demo as well? Any clue to what could be happening?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164258
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic CSV Exported file crashed Excel
Hi,
I don't have this issue on my end. Isn't it because the file contains too much data ?
You can try to open the file with for example "notepad++" and do a mass change on the semicolon separator to replace it by comma.
I don't have this issue on my end. Isn't it because the file contains too much data ?
You can try to open the file with for example "notepad++" and do a mass change on the semicolon separator to replace it by comma.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #164455
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic CSV Exported file crashed Excel
Hi Xavier,
I doubt it is because I have too much data as I only have a few products at this stage. I am trying to import the rest.
Edit.:
I uploaded the site to a test server and the file gets exported fine. The problem happens only if I am on MAMP.
Strange, but works online which is what I need.
I doubt it is because I have too much data as I only have a few products at this stage. I am trying to import the rest.
Edit.:
I uploaded the site to a test server and the file gets exported fine. The problem happens only if I am on MAMP.
Strange, but works online which is what I need.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by maujbigo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164538
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic CSV Exported file crashed Excel
Excel can use both types of separator if you use the import tool instead of the normal file openning which only supports one type of separator (which changes based on your version of Excel).
It's just a problem with the way you open the file in Excel:
office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/t...5&origin=HP010099725
superuser.com/questions/407082/easiest-w...with-commas-in-excel
It's just a problem with the way you open the file in Excel:
office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/t...5&origin=HP010099725
superuser.com/questions/407082/easiest-w...with-commas-in-excel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds