- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
Import VM 2.0.26d to Hika 2.3.1 two problems
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
I want to import VM 2.0.26d into Hikshop 2.3.1 in Joomla 2.5.22.
1) during the import Hikashop said it can't find the images. In which folder do I have to copy them before import?
2) after the import there are products in the database, but I can't see them in the backend of Hikashop (even not when I play with the filters! I know them.)
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1) The import system uses your Virtuemart config to automatically find your images folder. Thus, the folder selected for the import is the one displayed in your website backend > Components > Virtuemart > Configuration > Templates > Product Media URL. Does the displayed folder URL corresponds to your images folder ? If not, try to change it. You can also check in your database ; #_virtuemart_configs > config that the value media_product_path is correctly filed.
2) This is weird. Did you try to play with the categories as well ? Products should at least appear in the category "Product Category" (which is the parent category) from the explorer. In your database, can you check the #_hikashop_product_category table to see if product are correctly assigned to a category ?
Tristan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
1) OK I know what I did wrong. I can repair this!
2) The table hikashop_product_category is empty after the import
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you send me via mp an acces to your website backend so I can try the import by myself and see what's going on ?
I'll prolly need a FTP access as well so I can work directly on your files.
Tristan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
I installed the site on oldtractorshop.testjouwsite.nl and imported there again. This worked expept two things:
1) the images problem;
2) he created a lot of new categories.
In a PM I sent you login data.
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
Have you seen what the problem is?
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My apologies for the delay.
I noticed you have both Virtuemart 1 and 2 installed in your website.
The import system only imports datas from one version ; in your case, it was importing all datas from Virtuemart 1. I think this is why you didn't have all the datas you expected. I modified the file on your website so the system now imports datas from Virtuemart 2 in priority, which is more logical.
I guess all your Virtuemart 1 datas are in the Virtuemart 2 tables, so if you try again to make an import from a clean installation, this should work as intended.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
I uninstalled the Hikashop and deleted all the Hikashop-tables.
Installed Hikashop again and started the import again.
Now there are products in the backend and frontend, but:
1) during the import the Hikashop can't find images
2) there are too much categories.
Will you have a look again?
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1) I found the problem with the images, but I'm not sure about the way to fix it. If it could wait until monday, I'll send you a fix at this moment.
2) What do you mean by "Too much categories" ? I see many duplicate categories names, but all those categories are in your table virtuemart_categories_nl_nl. I did many test on your website, and all I can say is the import system seems doing the job well : it takes all fields in the virtuemart_categories_nl_nl and inserts them in the hikashop_category table. Even more, it didn't import all the datas from the Virtuemart's table ; some categories are mising after the import on the website you sent me via mp, but I'm pretty sure this is because you made it with a non-empty hikashop_vm_cat table.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the images actually, are you sure you put the right folder path in your configuration ?
For example, for the product Waterpomp, the system tries to copy the file named Waterpomp (.png or whatever), in the folder /images/stories/virtuemart/product/. This directory is the one filed in your Virtuemart's configuration. But there is no such file in this directory. So obviously, the file isn't copied.
If you have different folders for your images, you can run the import several times, with chaging each time the directory path in your configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
1) Images
I investigated again the images issue. Here is the result:
Path in VM for category-images: images/stories/virtuemart/category/
The image is there!
oldtractorshop.testjouwsite.nl/images/st..._o_4dff9d9ce24c9.jpg
The migration said: File is not found "porsche_diesel_o_4dff9d9ce24c9.jpg"
Path in VM for product-images: images/stories/virtuemart/product/
oldtractorshop.testjouwsite.nl/images/st...mk_4d7605fad883c.jpg
The migration said: File is not found "Dynamo_beschermk_4d7605fad883c.jpg"
2) Categories
In VM there is a hierarchical structure in the categories. After the migration to Hikashop the structure is gone
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm attaching to this post a fix for the categories hierarchy. This point should be fixed now ; just replace your administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/importvm.php file by thoe one attached.
Concerning the images, I really can't reproduce your issue, even on your website. Each time the system is telling me a file isn't found, it's because this file doesn't exist. Otherwise, thie file is correctly moved from a folder to another. Can you take a screen for me of a failure example with, eventually, the id of the "fail" product / category ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
I installed HIkashop again, replaced the file and started the import again.
Unfortunatily the same amount of categories is created
Attached a screenprint of the imprt error.
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Each time you update Hikashop, you remove modification I made via your FTP.
Let's make another try : install Hikashop again, and replace those files :
administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php by this one :
Attachment not found
administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/importvm.php by this one :
Attachment not found
administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/import.php by this one :
Attachment not found
administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/import/view.html.php by this one :
Attachment not found
Then, run the import again from this clean installation.
I hope this time, categories & images will be imported correctly. If not, take another screen, errors messages are now more specific.
Sorry for making you doing so many tries.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- janvankuijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 235
- Thank you received: 4
I installed Hikashop again and copied your files. After that I imported again.
It seems to be that the name of the images are cutted off. See attachments.
Step 5 is ending in a 504 error. After ctrl+F5 it continues.
Even the cetegories aren't imported right
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Worked a lot on the import, here is a new file ; tried on your website with a clean installation, it looks like it works much better but it takes a lot of time because of your huge number of products.
Do the exact same thing described on my previous post, but this time
Replace administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/importvm.php by this file :
Attachment not found
Replace administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php by this file :
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.