- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Importing product options from Virtuemart
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #164994
by simonbornhoft
Importing product options from Virtuemart was created by simonbornhoft
Hi,
I have a client whose old site (VM 1.1x) has prodcuts with a large number of options, each of which adjust the price. There are up to 50 or 60 options per product (Ecvent tickets and travel with various pickup points).
I have tried using the import from virtuemrt facility, but it doesn't seem to import these options.
I should note that I have successfully imported all the other data, including the basic product information, just none of the options.
Thanks in ADvance
Keith
I have a client whose old site (VM 1.1x) has prodcuts with a large number of options, each of which adjust the price. There are up to 50 or 60 options per product (Ecvent tickets and travel with various pickup points).
I have tried using the import from virtuemrt facility, but it doesn't seem to import these options.
I should note that I have successfully imported all the other data, including the basic product information, just none of the options.
Thanks in ADvance
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #164995
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Importing product options from Virtuemart
SOrry, I should add that they are set up as child products in Virtuemart
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #164998
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Importing product options from Virtuemart
Actually, I've just done another search through Google and found an old forum post (that didn't come up in the internal search) say that it won't work...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165008
by Tristan
Replied by Tristan on topic Importing product options from Virtuemart
Hi,
Indeed, we decided not to import any options, since it would be too complicated. Sorry for your client !
Indeed, we decided not to import any options, since it would be too complicated. Sorry for your client !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #165009
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Importing product options from Virtuemart
Thanks Tristan, it makes sense. With so many possibilities of configuration you could easily spend years trying to make it work and still not cover everything. I've decided on a differnt approach, but still need help getting a 'master product' set up, so I've started a fresh thread here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...e-please.html#165001
Thank You!
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...e-please.html#165001
Thank You!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds