- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
Export CSV gives strange result
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #177579
by trogladyte
Export CSV gives strange result was created by trogladyte
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.ckdev.info/daeg
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
My client asked me to export a CSV to help set up his Amazon shop. I hit export (nothing selected) and sent the file to the company he's using for the Amazon setup.
Just got a call from them saying the file is unusable and is impossible to follow. I have no idea - if I hit export I just expect to get a file that is of some use. All the column names. for instance are in A1 - not spread along the A row which is what I'd expect.
I've attached the output CSV.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
My client asked me to export a CSV to help set up his Amazon shop. I hit export (nothing selected) and sent the file to the company he's using for the Amazon setup.
Just got a call from them saying the file is unusable and is impossible to follow. I have no idea - if I hit export I just expect to get a file that is of some use. All the column names. for instance are in A1 - not spread along the A row which is what I'd expect.
I've attached the output CSV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #177670
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Export CSV gives strange result
Hi,
I am sorry but I don't see what is strange in the CSV you got.
Regards,
I am sorry but I don't see what is strange in the CSV you got.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #177674
by trogladyte
Replied by trogladyte on topic Export CSV gives strange result
All the product headers are in A1. Shouldn't these be above their respective entries over the whole top row?
product_id;"product_parent_id";"product_name";"product_description";
Shouldn't these be in cells A1, B1, C1, D1? It seems illogical to have them all in A1. How will the person using the data ever map fields? I have always seen this type of dump appear in it's own columns.
product_id;"product_parent_id";"product_name";"product_description";
Shouldn't these be in cells A1, B1, C1, D1? It seems illogical to have them all in A1. How will the person using the data ever map fields? I have always seen this type of dump appear in it's own columns.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #177676
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Export CSV gives strange result
Hi,
When you open the CSV with a spreadsheet software, you can logically select the column separator character.
In the generated CSV you got, the column separator character is the semi colon " ; ".
Regards,
When you open the CSV with a spreadsheet software, you can logically select the column separator character.
In the generated CSV you got, the column separator character is the semi colon " ; ".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #177695
by trogladyte
Replied by trogladyte on topic Export CSV gives strange result
Jerome
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say there. Why are all the column headers in one cell rather than different cells. Makes the CSV unusable to the person setting up Amazon for my client as he can't map anything.
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say there. Why are all the column headers in one cell rather than different cells. Makes the CSV unusable to the person setting up Amazon for my client as he can't map anything.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #177711
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Export CSV gives strange result
Hi,
The CSV is a valid and working CSV file ; you just have to open it with a software which can manage the CSV file using a ";" as separator.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
Regards,
The CSV is a valid and working CSV file ; you just have to open it with a software which can manage the CSV file using a ";" as separator.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
Because the coma can be a decimal separator, we are using the semi colon as separator ; it still produce a valid CSV file.Example of an analogous European CSV/DSV file (where the decimal separator is a comma and the value separator is a semicolon):
Code:Year;Make;Model;Length 1997;Ford;E350;2,34 2000;Mercury;Cougar;2,38
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds