- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
import problem
I try to import some products wits subproducts in Hikashop and i have a few questions:
* I don't know whats going wrong but i don,t see the subproducts on the frontpage
* The next question is.. is it possible to import the productprice included vat? and witch table do i need in the csv file ?
* Witch table do i need to import the name of the vendor?
I hope someone can help me
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. You also need to have one column for each characteristic of the product with the value of each characteristic for each variant but also for the main product in order to set the default value of the characteristic on the product page.
Without that data, the import system doesn't which variant is for which characteristic value and thus you don't get any characteristic on your products and the variants are just ignored.
I invite you to first configure a product like you want via the interface and then do a CSV export as we recommend in our CSV import documentation. That will give you a full example, including the characteristics columns.
2. Yes. In that case, you want to use the column price_value_with_tax instead of price_value.
3. There is no such capability. The system can only import the id of the vendors. So instead of the name, enter the id of the vendors in the product_vendor_id column of your CSV. You can find it on the vendors listing of HikaMarket.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Similarily to the images and files column, you can have a related column where you can write product_code values of other products already inserted or placed before in the file. These products will be linked as related products to the main product.
For example:
product_code,product_name,related
my_product_1,My first product,""
my_product_2,My second product,""
my_product_3,My third product,"my_product_1,my_product_2"
This will add three products and the third one will have the two others as related products.
What i want is only one product with serveral related products...
Is that possible?
Please look at the website jvd.nl that data must be imported to hikashop
Thanx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't see any related products on that website. What I saw there was product variants/characteristics.
So the section you want to read in the import documentation ( www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hikashop-import.html ) is the one titled "Importing products with variants"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I may be off line on this. But, I created a csv file for another user that works. I modified HansIT file to show how I created the header for "Hikashop" import.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Greetz Hans
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry file did not attach. I'll have to try again latter. On my way out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did not forget.
I'm having problem with attaching the file.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I made a csv importfile and when i import the list, the products and the variants are visible in the backend but in the frontend i see only the main product.
Please help!!!
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here's a redacted copy of my file.
I load this thru "Joomla" back end with a extension to "Hikashop".
This format allowed me to upload over 2000 products.
Of course your situation may different than mine.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@HansIT : your problem is that you didn't enter any value for the main product in the characteristics columns. You need to put the value that you want as default when you arrive on the product page.
That's what also tells the system which characteristics should be added to the product so that's why it doesn't work.
This is a point clearly mentioned in the documentation I gave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please let me see what i must do in the file attached i my previous message
Thanx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In this example from the documentation:
product_code,product_parent_id,size
main_product,,big
first_variant,main_product,big
second_variant,main_product,small
You can see that the "main_product" has two variants, "first_variant" and "second_variant".
These variant are based on the "size" characteristic, their values are "big" and "small".
The main product need to have a default variant value set, so in this example for the "main_product" you have to set a default size, in the example the size used is big.
main_product,,big
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanx for your support!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is it possible to make automaticly vendors and options during the importprocedure and when the answer is yes..... how to do that ( witch column header do i need??)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible for you to attach a redacted copy of your file?
I too am still learning.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Catch it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here it is
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes. You can add a product_vendor_id column in the CSV and set the id of the vendor in HikaMarket for each product and that way it will link the imported product with the vendor in HikaMarket.
This of course requires that the vendors are already in HikaMarket.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.