- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Copying tables on same domain possible?
- bertdynamica
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #195946
by bertdynamica
Copying tables on same domain possible? was created by bertdynamica
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 m
Hi HikaShop guys,
I have a joomla! 1.5 website with VM 1.1.9 just as productcatalogue and installed HikaShop Essentials on it. I already did an import in HikaShop and it looks that all went well.
I am developing a new joomla! 3.4.1 website with HikaShop installed, also just as productcatalogue for now. On a testdomain I have 2 subdomains: a copy of the old website and the new developing website with a view products to test how it looks and so.
Is it possible to do just a copy and paste action of the tables I needed between the 2 databases? I do understand that I have to copy and paste the necessary folders from the old website to the new one for the images.
If not, what is the best way to achieve to get the tables from the old site to the new one?
Greetz,
Bert
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 m
Hi HikaShop guys,
I have a joomla! 1.5 website with VM 1.1.9 just as productcatalogue and installed HikaShop Essentials on it. I already did an import in HikaShop and it looks that all went well.
I am developing a new joomla! 3.4.1 website with HikaShop installed, also just as productcatalogue for now. On a testdomain I have 2 subdomains: a copy of the old website and the new developing website with a view products to test how it looks and so.
Is it possible to do just a copy and paste action of the tables I needed between the 2 databases? I do understand that I have to copy and paste the necessary folders from the old website to the new one for the images.
If not, what is the best way to achieve to get the tables from the old site to the new one?
Greetz,
Bert
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195951
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Copying tables on same domain possible?
Hi,
If the same version number is installed in both websites ; you can copy most of HikaShop tables yes.
The users, orders, download (and some other tables based on "users" table) won't work properly if you don't migrate your users between the two websites. For the products, categories and a lot of other elements, it will work.
If you copy the HikaShop config table ; you would need to check your configuration ; some options are more for J1.5 and other more for J3
Regards,
If the same version number is installed in both websites ; you can copy most of HikaShop tables yes.
The users, orders, download (and some other tables based on "users" table) won't work properly if you don't migrate your users between the two websites. For the products, categories and a lot of other elements, it will work.
If you copy the HikaShop config table ; you would need to check your configuration ; some options are more for J1.5 and other more for J3
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bertdynamica
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #195982
by bertdynamica
Replied by bertdynamica on topic Copying tables on same domain possible?
Hi Jerome,
Thank you for your answer.
I discovered later in the evening that it is possible via phpMyAdmin to DROP a table and then COPY the table from J1.5 to J3. I tried this with 1 table first waiting for your answer. Tonight I will do the rest.
Greetz,
Bert
Thank you for your answer.
I discovered later in the evening that it is possible via phpMyAdmin to DROP a table and then COPY the table from J1.5 to J3. I tried this with 1 table first waiting for your answer. Tonight I will do the rest.
Greetz,
Bert
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds