- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Importing new users and orders only
- conlippert
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #196314
by conlippert
Importing new users and orders only was created by conlippert
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi,
Need a little guidance for this. I've been working on a new site for my client and last month I setup Joomla 3 and Hikashop buisness. At that time, I moved over all our products and past orders, and users from the VM2 on the old site. Now the new site is ready, but while I was developing, we had some new orders and users on the old site so I need to move just those orders and users to the new site before I make the new site live. What would be the best way to do this? I'm confortable with going to the database.
Thanks,
CL
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi,
Need a little guidance for this. I've been working on a new site for my client and last month I setup Joomla 3 and Hikashop buisness. At that time, I moved over all our products and past orders, and users from the VM2 on the old site. Now the new site is ready, but while I was developing, we had some new orders and users on the old site so I need to move just those orders and users to the new site before I make the new site live. What would be the best way to do this? I'm confortable with going to the database.
Thanks,
CL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196358
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Importing new users and orders only
Hi,
You should be able to launch the import process from virtuemart again to import the missing data.
If you export/import from the database, you will have the orders and Joomla users but the users will not be created in HikaShp and so no association with the orders. So it really require some PHP to import the content correctly.
You should be able to launch the import process from virtuemart again to import the missing data.
If you export/import from the database, you will have the orders and Joomla users but the users will not be created in HikaShp and so no association with the orders. So it really require some PHP to import the content correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conlippert
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #196508
by conlippert
Replied by conlippert on topic Importing new users and orders only
I reran the import and 2 of the orders came in but there are 4 orders that are not posting into hikashop. Can you suggest anything to help? These are new orders since I first imported.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conlippert
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #196524
by conlippert
Replied by conlippert on topic Importing new users and orders only
FYI- I had to import the new users into the joomla users table then reran the vm import and the orders were found so I;m ok now.
thanks.
thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by conlippert.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202892
by cthixton
Replied by cthixton on topic Importing new users and orders only
Having the same issues here; upgrading from j2.5 to j3.4 and 2yo HikaShop, but need to be able to re-sync the users and orders from the production site before we go live and found there is at least one column difference in the _hikashop_order table (order_site_id).
Hoping someone at HikaShop understands the migration issues for production environments and planned for cases like this were there is a lag during development and the production data needs to be imported into the new site as it goes live.
Thanks, Cal
Hoping someone at HikaShop understands the migration issues for production environments and planned for cases like this were there is a lag during development and the production data needs to be imported into the new site as it goes live.
Thanks, Cal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202910
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Importing new users and orders only
Hi,
A simple re-installation of the latest HikaShop version will create the missing tables.
Then you will be able to import the missing data.
If the production site has missing tables and the tables are present in the dev environment it is not a problem, you can import the latest data, the missing columns will take the default value.
A simple re-installation of the latest HikaShop version will create the missing tables.
Then you will be able to import the missing data.
If the production site has missing tables and the tables are present in the dev environment it is not a problem, you can import the latest data, the missing columns will take the default value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202980
by cthixton
Replied by cthixton on topic Importing new users and orders only
This worked like a charm:
Thanks, Cal
On May 26, 2015, at 10:51 AM, HikaShop Support <contact@hikashop.com> wrote:
Hi,
You can delete the tables of the new version and put the old ones. Then, click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration page and it will add the missing columns/tables automatically.
Best regards,
Nicolas
Thanks, Cal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds