- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How do I add a list of manufacturers?
11 years 5 months ago #199334
by Bazzy
How do I add a list of manufacturers? was created by Bazzy
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
How do I add a list of manufacturers? if I have more than 200 manufacturers? I do not want to download them one by one! please, help !!!!
How do I add a list of manufacturers? if I have more than 200 manufacturers? I do not want to download them one by one! please, help !!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How do I add a list of manufacturers?
Hi,
There is no import system from the manufacturers.
You can create them manually via the menu Products>Brands.
There is no import system from the manufacturers.
You can create them manually via the menu Products>Brands.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199456
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic How do I add a list of manufacturers?
Hi
Does mass action can do it by default or by writing custom php mass action ?
In general Does all data manage by HKS ( product brand variant coupn ..) can be import export easely using the same step ?
regard's
Does mass action can do it by default or by writing custom php mass action ?
In general Does all data manage by HKS ( product brand variant coupn ..) can be import export easely using the same step ?
regard's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199474
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How do I add a list of manufacturers?
Hi,
The mass actions don't manage the brands at this time.
Another solution could be to use the brands as categories, this way this can be managed in the massaction.
Else, custom code will indeed be required.
The mass actions don't manage the brands at this time.
Another solution could be to use the brands as categories, this way this can be managed in the massaction.
Else, custom code will indeed be required.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #199553
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic How do I add a list of manufacturers?
I understand mass action now and my question don't make sense if user understand mass action .
Mass action support by default only item ( product users ) that have a implemented plug in !
Relative t ooriginal question about brand ; does insert thoses informations can be achieve by not using any joomla BE but by using Mysql Tool ( phpmyadmin for import csv data in ONE sql table ) without break integrity/logic ?
thank's
Mass action support by default only item ( product users ) that have a implemented plug in !
Relative t ooriginal question about brand ; does insert thoses informations can be achieve by not using any joomla BE but by using Mysql Tool ( phpmyadmin for import csv data in ONE sql table ) without break integrity/logic ?
thank's
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199592
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How do I add a list of manufacturers?
Hi,
Yes, via phpMyAdmin everything can be done.
But be careful, the best way will be to create 2 or 3 entries, then export it to see how the entries are in the database, then create your import file, you can let the category_left and category_right entries empty and then once entries added, click on the "Rebuild" button in the toolbar of the categories listing page.
Before anything, please backup. The safest way is still to add them manually, it will take 30 minutes but you are sure that the entries will be correct
Yes, via phpMyAdmin everything can be done.
But be careful, the best way will be to create 2 or 3 entries, then export it to see how the entries are in the database, then create your import file, you can let the category_left and category_right entries empty and then once entries added, click on the "Rebuild" button in the toolbar of the categories listing page.
Before anything, please backup. The safest way is still to add them manually, it will take 30 minutes but you are sure that the entries will be correct
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds