- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 5
Delete Product in test database
11 years 4 weeks ago #212950
by charlesdh
Delete Product in test database was created by charlesdh
Hi,
I have a test database that I wish to remove all products in HikaShop. (Even products that are hidden)
I access HikaShop" through a "Joomla" test site in order to upload files to "HikaShop".
Is there a easy solution for the deletion?
I have a test database that I wish to remove all products in HikaShop. (Even products that are hidden)
I access HikaShop" through a "Joomla" test site in order to upload files to "HikaShop".
Is there a easy solution for the deletion?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 weeks ago #212951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
There is no easy solution to delete all the products if you have more than a few hundred. You'll have to go in phpmyadmin and clear the hikashop_product, hikashop_product_category, hikashop_price, hikashop_file, hikashop_related, hikashop_variant tables.
Otherwise, you can go on your products listing, display a 100 of products and set the "direct sub elements" dropdown to "all sub elements" and use the global checkbox of the listing to select the first 100 products and click on the delete button. Rince and repeat until none are left.
There is no easy solution to delete all the products if you have more than a few hundred. You'll have to go in phpmyadmin and clear the hikashop_product, hikashop_product_category, hikashop_price, hikashop_file, hikashop_related, hikashop_variant tables.
Otherwise, you can go on your products listing, display a 100 of products and set the "direct sub elements" dropdown to "all sub elements" and use the global checkbox of the listing to select the first 100 products and click on the delete button. Rince and repeat until none are left.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlesdh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213046
by charlesdh
Replied by charlesdh on topic Delete Product in test database
nicolas,
Thanks for the info.
I did this before. However, when I exported a supposedly empty product list the export showed data that was not displayed in the product list.
Also, where is the phpmyadmin?
Thanks for the info.
I did this before. However, when I exported a supposedly empty product list the export showed data that was not displayed in the product list.
Also, where is the phpmyadmin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213048
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
Before trying to use PHPMyAdmin (which is not related to HikaShop or Joomla) ; I think you can try with a "mass action".
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
Regards,
Before trying to use PHPMyAdmin (which is not related to HikaShop or Joomla) ; I think you can try with a "mass action".
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlesdh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213185
by charlesdh
Replied by charlesdh on topic Delete Product in test database
HI,
I looked at the "MassAction" and was able to get rid of all but what I show in the attachment.
Column "AW" still shows data. I tried various approaches to getting rig of the data but was unsuccessful.
I looked at the "MassAction" and was able to get rid of all but what I show in the attachment.
Column "AW" still shows data. I tried various approaches to getting rig of the data but was unsuccessful.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213196
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
This csv file contains only header, no data so it seems to be ok. There is no more data.
This csv file contains only header, no data so it seems to be ok. There is no more data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlesdh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213267
by charlesdh
Replied by charlesdh on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I was concerned about column "AW" where it shows a "Header" of "categories" in row 1 and in row 2 it has "product category".
But, as s you mentioned there is no data in the other columns. So I'm guessing the info in the column mentioned is a moot point.
Thank you!
Thanks for the reply.
I was concerned about column "AW" where it shows a "Header" of "categories" in row 1 and in row 2 it has "product category".
But, as s you mentioned there is no data in the other columns. So I'm guessing the info in the column mentioned is a moot point.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213363
by charlesdh
Replied by charlesdh on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
While still on this subject.
When I upload my test file I can see the "Products". Now when I export the data the Excel sheet show a extra row.
The 1st row shows in Column "AW" shows "Category" and "Product Category" in row 2. Then the rest of the rows show the correct data.
Am I still missing something?
While still on this subject.
When I upload my test file I can see the "Products". Now when I export the data the Excel sheet show a extra row.
The 1st row shows in Column "AW" shows "Category" and "Product Category" in row 2. Then the rest of the rows show the correct data.
Am I still missing something?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213364
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Delete Product in test database
Hi,
That data is related to the categories, to help HikaShop to reimport it afterwards.
Regards,
That data is related to the categories, to help HikaShop to reimport it afterwards.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213414
by charlesdh
Replied by charlesdh on topic Delete Product in test database
Thanks,
I think I now understand what happens.
If you do not use "MassAction" for "Export" all "Headers" will show regardless if they have data.
So for "Exporting" you need to do a "MassAction" and select the columns (Headers) you wish to populate.
Some time ago when I first started it seemed to me that when I first uploaded a test file and then "Exported" the file to see what happens it only exported the "Same" headers and product that was first imported. Am I wrong in this part?.
I think I now understand what happens.
If you do not use "MassAction" for "Export" all "Headers" will show regardless if they have data.
So for "Exporting" you need to do a "MassAction" and select the columns (Headers) you wish to populate.
Some time ago when I first started it seemed to me that when I first uploaded a test file and then "Exported" the file to see what happens it only exported the "Same" headers and product that was first imported. Am I wrong in this part?.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213421
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Delete Product in test database
You're wrong. The export has always exported all the columns, regardless of how the products were added.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds