Hikashop csv import not displaying images
- twhcreations
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 days ago #215041
by twhcreations
Hikashop csv import not displaying images was created by twhcreations
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.42
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3
Hello,
I have a client with a retail store that sells textile products that require a significant number of product variants. As an example the client has a single product with over 100 different values for a single characteristic (fabrics) and then another 8 values for the second characteristic so a single product can have over 800 different variants counting all the different characteristic combinations.
What I am trying to do is assign an image to several product variants based on the value of one of these characteristics via a csv import. I have exported the product list with all variants and then inserted the correct image file into images_path to point to the image then used the import function within products to re import the modified file, however Hikashop seems to duplicate the products I re import even though I have checked the update product check box.
Am I doing this correctly? I had initially hoped to do this via a mass action but from what I have read this is not possible (no image options for product mass actions). Any help with the issue would be appreciated.
Regards
Peter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.42
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3
Hello,
I have a client with a retail store that sells textile products that require a significant number of product variants. As an example the client has a single product with over 100 different values for a single characteristic (fabrics) and then another 8 values for the second characteristic so a single product can have over 800 different variants counting all the different characteristic combinations.
What I am trying to do is assign an image to several product variants based on the value of one of these characteristics via a csv import. I have exported the product list with all variants and then inserted the correct image file into images_path to point to the image then used the import function within products to re import the modified file, however Hikashop seems to duplicate the products I re import even though I have checked the update product check box.
Am I doing this correctly? I had initially hoped to do this via a mass action but from what I have read this is not possible (no image options for product mass actions). Any help with the issue would be appreciated.
Regards
Peter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 days ago #215074
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop csv import not displaying images
Hi,
It means that your CSV is not correct. Without looking at your CSV it will be hard to tel you exactly what's wrong.
It means that your CSV is not correct. Without looking at your CSV it will be hard to tel you exactly what's wrong.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twhcreations
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 5 days ago #215174
by twhcreations
Replied by twhcreations on topic Hikashop csv import not displaying images
Hi Nicolas,
I think I may have found the issue, when I was opening the csv file in excel 2016 I was using text to columns to separate the data however the text qualifier was defaulting to the double quotation " and removing all the quotes within each column i.e
"someText" was becoming -> someText
Regards
Peter
I think I may have found the issue, when I was opening the csv file in excel 2016 I was using text to columns to separate the data however the text qualifier was defaulting to the double quotation " and removing all the quotes within each column i.e
"someText" was becoming -> someText
Regards
Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds