- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 3
Diferent categories same name issue
10 years 10 months ago #219497
by pljuarez
Diferent categories same name issue was created by pljuarez
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
Hello, yesterday, my customer send me various test csv files to import products and categories to my site, and I found an issue with categories.
I have a book store, and I have 3 categories: Authors, Editors, and Publishers. And here is the problem, the same person can be Author , Editor and Publisher.
I did a test importing attached file categories.csv and hikashop generates correct categories tree:
Authors
|-Name1
Editors
|-Name1
Publishers
|-Name1
But when I want to import a product and assign the same name to Author and Editor for example I can't do it.
I do it manually in hikashop backend and works properly, I exported this product clicking in backend "Export" button and in "categories" field generates "Name1;Name1" but if I try to import from the same file, hikashop only assigns "Authors-Name1" category (I have configured filters for Authors, Editors and Publishers and only find the book in Authors filter).
Is there any way to assign Authors-Name1 category and Editors-Name1 category when I import products?
Note that I have more than 1000 books to import and this issue occurs frecuently, and I can't modify Names.
Thanks in advance
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
Hello, yesterday, my customer send me various test csv files to import products and categories to my site, and I found an issue with categories.
I have a book store, and I have 3 categories: Authors, Editors, and Publishers. And here is the problem, the same person can be Author , Editor and Publisher.
I did a test importing attached file categories.csv and hikashop generates correct categories tree:
Authors
|-Name1
Editors
|-Name1
Publishers
|-Name1
But when I want to import a product and assign the same name to Author and Editor for example I can't do it.
I do it manually in hikashop backend and works properly, I exported this product clicking in backend "Export" button and in "categories" field generates "Name1;Name1" but if I try to import from the same file, hikashop only assigns "Authors-Name1" category (I have configured filters for Authors, Editors and Publishers and only find the book in Authors filter).
Is there any way to assign Authors-Name1 category and Editors-Name1 category when I import products?
Note that I have more than 1000 books to import and this issue occurs frecuently, and I can't modify Names.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #219501
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Diferent categories same name issue
Hi,
The best will be to use the category is instead of the category name in the csv file to import the products.
The best will be to use the category is instead of the category name in the csv file to import the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #219678
by pljuarez
Replied by pljuarez on topic Diferent categories same name issue
Thanks Xavier, I'll tell this particular to my customer in order to modify import files.
Regards
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds