- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
photos disappeared after csv import
10 years 8 months ago #227879
by mike6427
photos disappeared after csv import was created by mike6427
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 48.0.2564.82
Hi all,
I'm a newbie on hikashop. I created a catalogue and it was working correctly. I usually add new products by mean of csv import.
Some day ago I decided to change category structure so I deleted all products and categories from hikashop user interface inside joomla backend and imported all the products froma a csv file with new categories assigned.
The odd thing is that a message tell me that import process ended successfully but all articles are already inside the system. But I deleted all of them just before to import.
Moreover product images are in the /media/com_hikashop/upload folder and correctly referenced in the csv file, they were correctly showed in the catalogue until this last operation, but now are not visible.
Thanks in advance for any help
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 48.0.2564.82
Hi all,
I'm a newbie on hikashop. I created a catalogue and it was working correctly. I usually add new products by mean of csv import.
Some day ago I decided to change category structure so I deleted all products and categories from hikashop user interface inside joomla backend and imported all the products froma a csv file with new categories assigned.
The odd thing is that a message tell me that import process ended successfully but all articles are already inside the system. But I deleted all of them just before to import.
Moreover product images are in the /media/com_hikashop/upload folder and correctly referenced in the csv file, they were correctly showed in the catalogue until this last operation, but now are not visible.
Thanks in advance for any help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227908
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic photos disappeared after csv import
Hi,
In your csv file do you have a column for the product_id ? If it is, please remove it, this can cause the "already existing product" issue.
For the images, what is the path set for them ? The same one than when you exported the csv file.
Could you attach your csv file (or at least a part) ? We will check it directly.
In your csv file do you have a column for the product_id ? If it is, please remove it, this can cause the "already existing product" issue.
For the images, what is the path set for them ? The same one than when you exported the csv file.
Could you attach your csv file (or at least a part) ? We will check it directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228005
by mike6427
Replied by mike6427 on topic photos disappeared after csv import
Yes indeed, my csv has a product_id column. Ok I will remove it, thanks.
The path for images is the same I always use: media/com_hikashop/upload/
I attach the first ten lines of mi csv file (with product_id still in place).
In the meantime I realized that it was not possible to edit or upload photos in the backend (by editing a single product), but I see it is a known issue that is being discussed in other threads in the forum, so I enabed vex library and solved the problem. Thanks for this too.
The path for images is the same I always use: media/com_hikashop/upload/
I attach the first ten lines of mi csv file (with product_id still in place).
In the meantime I realized that it was not possible to edit or upload photos in the backend (by editing a single product), but I see it is a known issue that is being discussed in other threads in the forum, so I enabed vex library and solved the problem. Thanks for this too.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #228155
by mike6427
Replied by mike6427 on topic photos disappeared after csv import
Sorry I found the problem. Product images have been actually deleted in media/com_hikashop/upload. It happened probably when I deleted the products before to re-import them. I didn't noticed it because there are still a lot of images with similar names.
Now that with vex libraries the backend is working, image icons are clickable and I can read the image file name associated to any product. I also realized that I can now upload an image and see it in the website, so I checked for the other images and I found they are all missing.
Is this a bug? Or really deleting an article means delete all related photos. I don't understand why, I could use them for another product!
Now that with vex libraries the backend is working, image icons are clickable and I can read the image file name associated to any product. I also realized that I can now upload an image and see it in the website, so I checked for the other images and I found they are all missing.
Is this a bug? Or really deleting an article means delete all related photos. I don't understand why, I could use them for another product!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #228200
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic photos disappeared after csv import
Hi,
Yes, images will be deleted if you delete the product, but only if no other product uses the images.
So no, it's not a bug.
Yes, images will be deleted if you delete the product, but only if no other product uses the images.
So no, it's not a bug.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #228270
by mike6427
Replied by mike6427 on topic photos disappeared after csv import
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds