- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
Import - variants missing
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago #252997
by NuttyKevin
Import - variants missing was created by NuttyKevin
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.insignia16.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
When I import products back into store, the variants are missing.
I have 3 variants, White Option, size and quantity, the white option shows fine, but it does not import the size and quantity variants for some reason.
I have only added more products to the csv and have not adjusted any of the headers, so not sure why this is happening.
I am using LibreOffice as the csv editing program
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
When I import products back into store, the variants are missing.
I have 3 variants, White Option, size and quantity, the white option shows fine, but it does not import the size and quantity variants for some reason.
I have only added more products to the csv and have not adjusted any of the headers, so not sure why this is happening.
I am using LibreOffice as the csv editing program
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253024
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import - variants missing
Hi,
Before you import products with variants, you must make sure that all the values that you want to use are already listed in the characteristics that you can edit via the menu Products>Characteristics.
So please check on that.
The CSV itself looks fine.
Before you import products with variants, you must make sure that all the values that you want to use are already listed in the characteristics that you can edit via the menu Products>Characteristics.
So please check on that.
The CSV itself looks fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253079
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
Hi, those characteristics are already there
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253083
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import - variants missing
Hi,
Can you provide screenshots of the settings of these characteristics please ?
Can you provide screenshots of the settings of these characteristics please ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253130
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
Hi
See attached
See attached
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253149
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
I have just imported the original export I made, it shows the dropdown options, but if I add any new products to the spreadsheet it seems to then disable the dropdowns for the quantity & size, but not the white options.
It must be something I am doing wrong when adding a product to the spreadsheet, only thing I can think of?
It must be something I am doing wrong when adding a product to the spreadsheet, only thing I can think of?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253141
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import - variants missing
Hi,
It looks like you don't have the values of the "Select Quantity" that you're trying to import.
Here is what you have in your CSV: take.ms/w05QW
and among them only the "500" value is present in your characteristic values screenshot.
So either correct the CSV to have the exact values that you have on your website, or add the missing values in the characteristic on the website.
It looks like you don't have the values of the "Select Quantity" that you're trying to import.
Here is what you have in your CSV: take.ms/w05QW
and among them only the "500" value is present in your characteristic values screenshot.
So either correct the CSV to have the exact values that you have on your website, or add the missing values in the characteristic on the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253224
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
Ok, on the quantities that did not appear on my spreadsheet, strange. I took all the commas out of the quantities as the csv would not allow commas, the quantities are now appearing, but the sizes are not appearing apart from the 2 different ones I entered onto the site when building the product, all the sizes I've added to the spreadsheet are not showing, could it be it would not import anything with a " in?
eg, my sizes show as 1.5" x 1.5", maybe I should try this as showing as 1.5in x 1.5in ?
eg, my sizes show as 1.5" x 1.5", maybe I should try this as showing as 1.5in x 1.5in ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253225
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
I tried using 1.5in x 1.5in as opposed to 1.5" x 1.5" and that didn't change things, but now the prices on the larger quantities are not importing, very confusing as to why this is happening, any help would be appreciated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NuttyKevin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #253226
by NuttyKevin
Replied by NuttyKevin on topic Import - variants missing
Update
I have found a slightly long way round, if I enter the variants into the product in Hikashop and export, I can then add the prices and weight into the spreadsheet and import, this seems to get round the issue of having the variants appear on the site, had hoped I could do everything in the spreadsheet, but at least this is a slightly quicker option.
I have found a slightly long way round, if I enter the variants into the product in Hikashop and export, I can then add the prices and weight into the spreadsheet and import, this seems to get round the issue of having the variants appear on the site, had hoped I could do everything in the spreadsheet, but at least this is a slightly quicker option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253253
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import - variants missing
Hi,
It should be possible to do everything with the CSV. So you must still have had some difference between the CSV values and what you had in the website.
The export/import solved that yes.
I guess that if you base yourself on that CSV to duplicate it for another product, it should be able to create all the variants during the import.
It should be possible to do everything with the CSV. So you must still have had some difference between the CSV values and what you had in the website.
The export/import solved that yes.
I guess that if you base yourself on that CSV to duplicate it for another product, it should be able to create all the variants during the import.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds