- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 3
Choose option instead Add to cart after CSV import
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #257547
by montemama
Choose option instead Add to cart after CSV import was created by montemama
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
Hi,
I have a problem after CSV import of products. Instead of Add to cart button appears Choose options, but not everywhere - only with some products. I have checked the CSV, but can not find the reason. I know that Choose options appears because there are characteristics added to product, but there are no variants. Those characteristics were added after the import automatically, but I do not understand why, because I do not see anything like that in the CSV. It is possible to solve it manually - to delete the characteristics, but there is a lot of products and it takes time. Any ideas why this happened and how to fix it and how to avoid it in the future? Thanks!
UPDATE: I have deleted and imported again all the products and it is OK now. Anyway, I would like to know where the problem started to avoid it next time.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
Hi,
I have a problem after CSV import of products. Instead of Add to cart button appears Choose options, but not everywhere - only with some products. I have checked the CSV, but can not find the reason. I know that Choose options appears because there are characteristics added to product, but there are no variants. Those characteristics were added after the import automatically, but I do not understand why, because I do not see anything like that in the CSV. It is possible to solve it manually - to delete the characteristics, but there is a lot of products and it takes time. Any ideas why this happened and how to fix it and how to avoid it in the future? Thanks!
UPDATE: I have deleted and imported again all the products and it is OK now. Anyway, I would like to know where the problem started to avoid it next time.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by montemama.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257581
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Choose option instead Add to cart after CSV import
Hi,
The "choose options" button can appear instead of the "add to cart" button on several cases:
- if you have characteristics attached to your product
- if you have options attached to your product
- if you have custom fields of the table "item" to be displayed on the product page and not on the products listing for that product (or a category of that product)
If you had characteristics appearing in your products after the import, it means that there was a problem with the CSV you used compared to the data in the database. Hard to say exactly without having a look at the CSV file though.
The "choose options" button can appear instead of the "add to cart" button on several cases:
- if you have characteristics attached to your product
- if you have options attached to your product
- if you have custom fields of the table "item" to be displayed on the product page and not on the products listing for that product (or a category of that product)
If you had characteristics appearing in your products after the import, it means that there was a problem with the CSV you used compared to the data in the database. Hard to say exactly without having a look at the CSV file though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds