- Posts: 157
- Thank you received: 2
Export product to new site
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello
I want to export all the products to another new site. I try to export and import to the new site but I'm not sure that it's OK to simply export and import. I got a big error (partially attached) and just the categories are imported and nothing in it. Is that something that I can do? What are the steps for this?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It seems that you had custom fields or characteristics in your old website and you didn't created them on your new website before the import.
That's why you got these errors.
The simplest if you don't want to have to recreate all that is to export all the hikashop_* tables from your PHPMyAdmin and import them on your new website instead of the ones you already have (you'll have to change their table prefix).
If you only want the products/categories, then only export/import the tables hikashop_product, hikashop_product_related, hikashop_product_category, hikashop_category, hikashop_price, hikashop_file, hikashop_variant, hikashop_characteristic, hikashop_field.
If your version of HikaShop is different between the two websites, you'll want to click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration after you import the tables.
You'll also want to move the files from the images/com_hikashop/upload and media/com_hikashop/upload folders from the old to the new website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did all this but not all data is on the new site. I also export the vote and vote users and I can't see this on the new site. Also the options of the products are like you can see on the attached screenshot. Some products shows me the options pages and others doesn't (Clicking on the product redirect to the homepage).
I clicked check database and everything is green.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I do see the page correctly on the link you provided: monosnap.com/file/uUGHBscq0Bg8j0AUeqLa9DrhDRNaL5
Could you provide more information on how to see the page ? from your screenshot ?
how did you import the votes and comments ?
Did you activate the votes display settings of the HikaShop configuration on your new website ? Otherwise, even if you have votes in the database, you won't see them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
yaeliqwholesale.com/drinks/product/148470-creme-de-menthe.html
and if you try to go to another product, not all of them give the options link. If you try to go to drinks/grape juice, you will be redirect to the homepage.
I can't see the comments to import. Only vote and vote user, I import both of them. And yes I activate the votes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The link you gave us require an authentication.
So I'm afraid it will be difficult for us to see the page content and understand what is going wrong.
I suppose that you have incorrect import and some links between products and options are not good (and maybe some invalid data.. Really really hard to say without any information)
Can you please also check the product configuration in the backend ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I subscribed for the site. This is strange that some products show the options page and other not.
The options shows numbers and not the name of the options. Can you help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm afraid that you didn't take a look at my forum signature :
I'm sorry but I never got your private message, it has been deleted and I do not receive any email notification for them.Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
If you want to go further, I invite you to follow the instruction of my forum signature.
Thank you for your understanding.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you and sorry again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not able to access the backend of your website. When I try to go there, I'm automatically redirected to the frontend. So there must be some kind of security system.
Regarding the link to some products that work and some that don't, as far as I can see the ones that work have a link with the "fruits" alias and the ones that don't have a link with the "steal" alias.
And these are listed on the menu item with the alias "fruits".
So I suppose that you have canonical URLs with that "steal" alias in some products but you didn't create a menu item with that alias on the new website even though you had it on the old website and that's why these products' links don't work.
So I guess you'll have to fix the canonical URL or create the menu items with the aliases used in the canonical URLs.
Regarding the options dropdowns, I suppose that the characteristics/values used by the variants of these products are not available in the database. That's the only explanation I can think of without looking at the backend.
Regarding the votes/comments, I can't say anything without the backend access.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the product page link you are absolutely right! I can fix it.
For the characteristics, I can't see them in the back-end so I suppose that they are not available in the database. But I exported all! So what can be the problem? I send you the admin link in contact us.
Thank you again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for that but it was my bad. I rename the files of the db with a big i instead of a "l". Now I rename them with the right letter and every thing is ok!
I really want to thank you and all the people for all the support that you are giving here!
Carole
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.