- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
Product Import from excel 2007 CSV File
9 years 7 months ago #263139
by Bernhard7
Product Import from excel 2007 CSV File was created by Bernhard7
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
testhigh.artops.de
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 38.0.2125
Hi,
I am importing products into HikaShop from a Excel 2007 saved CSV file. I do not set any specific options/settings during saving procedure in xls. Currently the Problem is that german Umlaute äöüß, etc are not displayed in HikaShop correctly. When I open the CSV file with Notepad it Looks fine and Umlaute are displayed correctly there. Which file encoding do I have to select when I perform the Import in HikaShop?
Thank you,
Best regards,
Bernhard
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 38.0.2125
Hi,
I am importing products into HikaShop from a Excel 2007 saved CSV file. I do not set any specific options/settings during saving procedure in xls. Currently the Problem is that german Umlaute äöüß, etc are not displayed in HikaShop correctly. When I open the CSV file with Notepad it Looks fine and Umlaute are displayed correctly there. Which file encoding do I have to select when I perform the Import in HikaShop?
Thank you,
Best regards,
Bernhard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #263146
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Import from excel 2007 CSV File
Hi,
The best is to save your CSV with the UTF8 encoding in Excel, and to import it with the UTF8 encoding in HikaShop.
That way, all the letters will display fine regardless of the language.
The best is to save your CSV with the UTF8 encoding in Excel, and to import it with the UTF8 encoding in HikaShop.
That way, all the letters will display fine regardless of the language.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds