- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
2 suggestions for next release
9 years 4 months ago #270446
by pitney
2 suggestions for next release was created by pitney
Hello -
2 recommendations
I do allot of product importing and must remember to choose UTF-8 else I get "funny" characters.
Is it possible to have UTF-8 as the default choice rather than "uncharacterized"?
(on my laptop I have to scroll down with both sliders to see UTF-
(I think UTF-8 is recommended to be used)
When I go to:
Config, Features, SEF url options
I would like to enter <blank> in both Category and Product SEF name but this is not allowed as error message
"you cannot have same in both..."
I would like this option because I do not need this descriptor in my urls.
There may be an internal hikashop reason why these cannot be the same.
Neither of these are important, hopefully just helpful suggestions.
and thanks for a great product, like the new look of 3.x
pitney
2 recommendations
I do allot of product importing and must remember to choose UTF-8 else I get "funny" characters.
Is it possible to have UTF-8 as the default choice rather than "uncharacterized"?
(on my laptop I have to scroll down with both sliders to see UTF-
(I think UTF-8 is recommended to be used)
When I go to:
Config, Features, SEF url options
I would like to enter <blank> in both Category and Product SEF name but this is not allowed as error message
"you cannot have same in both..."
I would like this option because I do not need this descriptor in my urls.
There may be an internal hikashop reason why these cannot be the same.
Neither of these are important, hopefully just helpful suggestions.
and thanks for a great product, like the new look of 3.x
pitney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #270453
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 2 suggestions for next release
Hi,
1. We won't change that.
The unknown selection should work fine with UTF-8 CSV files and thus there is no need to change the default selection for you.
Actually, thanks to your message, I've tested it and found out that the unkown charset selection didn't work properly anymore and that you had to select the charset for the import to work properly.
I've added a patch on our end for the next release so that it works properly.
So when you update, you won't have to change the selection anymore.
2. We can't do that.
It's a technical restriction because otherwise, in the routing system of Joomla we can't separate some product URLs from category URLs if both SEF names are empty and thus you would end up with non working links.
1. We won't change that.
The unknown selection should work fine with UTF-8 CSV files and thus there is no need to change the default selection for you.
Actually, thanks to your message, I've tested it and found out that the unkown charset selection didn't work properly anymore and that you had to select the charset for the import to work properly.
I've added a patch on our end for the next release so that it works properly.
So when you update, you won't have to change the selection anymore.
2. We can't do that.
It's a technical restriction because otherwise, in the routing system of Joomla we can't separate some product URLs from category URLs if both SEF names are empty and thus you would end up with non working links.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds