- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 3 months ago #272786
by smithshop123
Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax was created by smithshop123
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
ccpharmacy.com.au/index.php/product-categories
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : nil
Hi,
I've set up my import like this but don't know for sure which maps to 'cost' and 'before tax'. 'After tax' is clear from the column title.
thanks,
Ian and Stu
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : nil
Hi,
I've set up my import like this but don't know for sure which maps to 'cost' and 'before tax'. 'After tax' is clear from the column title.
thanks,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #272795
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
Hi,
First, you should not have the currency symbol in the price columns. If you want to specify the currency in your CSV, you should add a column price_currency_id and either enter the id of the currency or the code of the currency (USD for example).
The price_value column should contain the price without tax.
There is actually no need to specify both the price with tax and the price without tax.
In the database, only the price without tax is stored and then the taxes are calculated dynamically based on your tax rules.
So I would recommend to only specify the price_value and remove the price_value_with_tax column.
First, you should not have the currency symbol in the price columns. If you want to specify the currency in your CSV, you should add a column price_currency_id and either enter the id of the currency or the code of the currency (USD for example).
The price_value column should contain the price without tax.
There is actually no need to specify both the price with tax and the price without tax.
In the database, only the price without tax is stored and then the taxes are calculated dynamically based on your tax rules.
So I would recommend to only specify the price_value and remove the price_value_with_tax column.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
9 years 3 months ago #272839
by smithshop123
Replied by smithshop123 on topic Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
Thanks for that.
The dollar sign just appears automatically in excel but doesn't get exported to csv. We do have column with 'AUD'. I'll see how we go with tax and ex-tax. This stuff is imported from a pos so I was trying to separate out the vallues so we could have control over, cost, mark-up, retail without tax and retail with tax.
We'll have a go with what you have recommended and get back to you if we get stuck.
Thanks again,
Ian and Stu
The dollar sign just appears automatically in excel but doesn't get exported to csv. We do have column with 'AUD'. I'll see how we go with tax and ex-tax. This stuff is imported from a pos so I was trying to separate out the vallues so we could have control over, cost, mark-up, retail without tax and retail with tax.
We'll have a go with what you have recommended and get back to you if we get stuck.
Thanks again,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
9 years 2 months ago #273109
by smithshop123
Replied by smithshop123 on topic Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
Hi,
we can't use a straight tax mark-up because of the complex pricing/subsidy/concession regime on a per item basis. So, I can do something in the spreadsheet exported from our POS to fix the retail prices. Anyway, if I have calculation column in excel, how to I stop this value from showing up when my csv is uploaded (e.g. a column called 'interim calculations')? Do I just assign it a field name that Hika doesn't recognize?
Thanks,
Ian and Stu
we can't use a straight tax mark-up because of the complex pricing/subsidy/concession regime on a per item basis. So, I can do something in the spreadsheet exported from our POS to fix the retail prices. Anyway, if I have calculation column in excel, how to I stop this value from showing up when my csv is uploaded (e.g. a column called 'interim calculations')? Do I just assign it a field name that Hika doesn't recognize?
Thanks,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #273119
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
Hi,
Yes. If the column name doesn't exist, HikaShop will ignore the column. It will just display a warning when you import the CSV, but you can ignore it.
Yes. If the column name doesn't exist, HikaShop will ignore the column. It will just display a warning when you import the CSV, but you can ignore it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
9 years 2 months ago #273140
by smithshop123
Replied by smithshop123 on topic Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax
Hi,
I worked as you said but, when searching and then navigating to product on the front end, '404 not found' errors occurred. So, I manually omitted the calculation tables, re-imported and it worked. Not a big deal. It's just good to know what will and won't work.
Cheers,
Ian and Stu
I worked as you said but, when searching and then navigating to product on the front end, '404 not found' errors occurred. So, I manually omitted the calculation tables, re-imported and it worked. Not a big deal. It's just good to know what will and won't work.
Cheers,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds