- Posts: 281
- Thank you received: 3
there is demo csv to follow the structure
9 years 2 months ago #274711
by francota
there is demo csv to follow the structure was created by francota
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
Hello
I need to upload a lot of product that are very similar,so i wauold like to import them by csv file.
My idea is make the csv file by myself and then import them.
Now I exported already the products from the hikashop just to see how the file is made, can I know what columns are necessary??
Or better do you have a csv file demo that I can follow its structure??
THanks
Frank
Hello
I need to upload a lot of product that are very similar,so i wauold like to import them by csv file.
My idea is make the csv file by myself and then import them.
Now I exported already the products from the hikashop just to see how the file is made, can I know what columns are necessary??
Or better do you have a csv file demo that I can follow its structure??
THanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274725
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic there is demo csv to follow the structure
Hello,
If you perform an export of some products, you will have a "demo" CSV for the import.
Regards,
If you perform an export of some products, you will have a "demo" CSV for the import.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274825
by francota
Replied by francota on topic there is demo csv to follow the structure
Waiting your answer I did what you sayd
First I exported the product in csv and I saw the structure of the file csv, than I erased all the file just keeping one line product similar to the others that I had to update.
Than I copied the line of the first product and I changed just this fields:
product_name; product_description; product_code; product_meta_description; images;product_canonical;product_alias;product_page_title;product_page_title
After that I imported that file, It imported the prodcuts but just to be sure what do you think about the fields that I used??
Thanks
Frank
First I exported the product in csv and I saw the structure of the file csv, than I erased all the file just keeping one line product similar to the others that I had to update.
Than I copied the line of the first product and I changed just this fields:
product_name; product_description; product_code; product_meta_description; images;product_canonical;product_alias;product_page_title;product_page_title
After that I imported that file, It imported the prodcuts but just to be sure what do you think about the fields that I used??
Thanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274834
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic there is demo csv to follow the structure
Hello,
If you perform an "import" you will need every columns in the CSV ; the import will completely replace the product (or create a new one if the product_id is 0 and the product code is not already used).
If you want to perform just a partial import to update values ; you'll need to use a mass-action.
More about import:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...hikashop-import.html
Regards,
If you perform an "import" you will need every columns in the CSV ; the import will completely replace the product (or create a new one if the product_id is 0 and the product code is not already used).
If you want to perform just a partial import to update values ; you'll need to use a mass-action.
More about import:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...hikashop-import.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274894
by francota
Replied by francota on topic there is demo csv to follow the structure
Thank you Jerome
No it was not a a partial import.
Infact I used all the columns of the file that I had from the export, but I modified just the columns product_name; product_description; product_code; product_meta_description; images;product_canonical;product_alias;product_page_title;product_page_title.
Keeping the others columns unchanged with the values that were already in the fields
No it was not a a partial import.
Infact I used all the columns of the file that I had from the export, but I modified just the columns product_name; product_description; product_code; product_meta_description; images;product_canonical;product_alias;product_page_title;product_page_title.
Keeping the others columns unchanged with the values that were already in the fields
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274906
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic there is demo csv to follow the structure
Hello,
Okay. If you kept all the columns and its content, yes it will be good.
Regards,
Okay. If you kept all the columns and its content, yes it will be good.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds