- Posts: 392
- Thank you received: 0
Affiliate redirect
12 years 8 months ago #140304
by Bugger101
Affiliate redirect was created by Bugger101
Hi!
I am transferring my site to a new domain and need to redirect the affiliates somehow. What would be the best way to do this?
Just redirect the affiliates links manually by doing: www.myoldsite.com/?partner_id=1 to www.newsite.com/?partner_id=1
And then redirect the banners by going: www.myoldsite/image1.jpg to www.newsite.com/image1.jpg ?
Thanks for your help
I am transferring my site to a new domain and need to redirect the affiliates somehow. What would be the best way to do this?
Just redirect the affiliates links manually by doing: www.myoldsite.com/?partner_id=1 to www.newsite.com/?partner_id=1
And then redirect the banners by going: www.myoldsite/image1.jpg to www.newsite.com/image1.jpg ?
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140338
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Affiliate redirect
Hi,
Yes. you would have to setup a redirect. Normally, you do that in the htaccess of the old domain name with a specific redirection rule.
Yes. you would have to setup a redirect. Normally, you do that in the htaccess of the old domain name with a specific redirection rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140486
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Affiliate redirect
Thanks Nicolas,
Would this work also? extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...url-redirection/7189
Would this work also? extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...url-redirection/7189
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140568
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Affiliate redirect
It depends. Are the two domains pointing to the same website ? If so, there is actually nothing to do. If not, then it means that you would have to put int place a redirection from one website to the other. I'm not sure if that extension allows for that. If it does, then yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141934
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Affiliate redirect
Sorry Nicolas, I am not understanding this very well. What I have done is redirected the banners like this
myoldsite.com/160x600-1.jpg
to
mynewsite.com/160x600-1.jpg
and have transferred all the joomla and Hikashop users from the old site to the new site.
Now, do I need to redirect the affiliates personal links? I cant seem to find where their links are located to redirect them, or dont I need to do this?
I have redirected each page of the old site to the news site fyi.
Thanks
Now, do I need to redirect the affiliates personal links? I cant seem to find where their links are located to redirect them, or dont I need to do this?
I have redirected each page of the old site to the news site fyi.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #142040
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Affiliate redirect
I'm not following you.
Are you saying that you entered the redirections one by one ?
If so, then you also need to enter the personal links one by one too.
But that's a lot of work while such global redirect can be done in one line of htaccess:
301redirects.net/redirect-old-domain-to-new-website.php
Are you saying that you entered the redirections one by one ?
If so, then you also need to enter the personal links one by one too.
But that's a lot of work while such global redirect can be done in one line of htaccess:
301redirects.net/redirect-old-domain-to-new-website.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #142056
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Affiliate redirect
Hi Nicolas,
Yes, I redirected each one by one which I am happy to do to keep the Google ranking etc. Where do I find the personal links to redirect them? They are not shown anywhere in the backend that I can see?
Also, could you please tell me where the hikashop alpha user points are stored, and how to transfer them to the new site?
Thanks
Yes, I redirected each one by one which I am happy to do to keep the Google ranking etc. Where do I find the personal links to redirect them? They are not shown anywhere in the backend that I can see?
Also, could you please tell me where the hikashop alpha user points are stored, and how to transfer them to the new site?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #142719
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Affiliate redirect
Hi there,
You can find the links in the banners you created. Then you have to add the partner id with ?partner_id=xx or &partner_id=xx
About the alphauser points plugin, it's related to the plugin itself. There should be a table named key_alphauserpoints in your database.
You can find the links in the banners you created. Then you have to add the partner id with ?partner_id=xx or &partner_id=xx
About the alphauser points plugin, it's related to the plugin itself. There should be a table named key_alphauserpoints in your database.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144883
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Affiliate redirect
Thanks Eliot,
I have another question. Can the affiliate links be converted to SEF links?
Thanks
I have another question. Can the affiliate links be converted to SEF links?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146150
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Affiliate redirect
Hi there,
yes you can do something like /partner_id-xx/
yes you can do something like /partner_id-xx/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds