- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
12 years 6 months ago #150355
by serickson
Affiliate discount getting applied shipping was created by serickson
- Joomla v. 2.5.7
- Hikashop v. 2.0.0
In HikaShop, I checked the "NO" box saying "Percentage fee including shipping" but once an order is confirmed and is paid through PayPal, my 15% discount is being applied to everything - products and shipping. I believe PayPal does not know what portion of the total billable amount is product vs shipping. Is there a way to configure PayPal to not apply the Affiliate discount to the grand total amount but rather just the product amount? Thanks!
- Hikashop v. 2.0.0
In HikaShop, I checked the "NO" box saying "Percentage fee including shipping" but once an order is confirmed and is paid through PayPal, my 15% discount is being applied to everything - products and shipping. I believe PayPal does not know what portion of the total billable amount is product vs shipping. Is there a way to configure PayPal to not apply the Affiliate discount to the grand total amount but rather just the product amount? Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #150423
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
Hello,
Do you have the correct price if you set the "Send details of the order" option of your PayPal configuration screen to NO ?
Do you have the correct price if you set the "Send details of the order" option of your PayPal configuration screen to NO ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150673
by serickson
Replied by serickson on topic Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
I had it set to "YES" originally, changed it to "NO" per your suggestion but that did not fix the problem. My 15% affiliate discount is consistently being applied to the Grand Total. PayPal cannot seem to figure out what part of that total is product only vs product plus shipping.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #153264
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, did you solved your issue ? Also :
Sorry for the late reply, did you solved your issue ? Also :
You're talking about PayPal which is having a discount applied on products and the shipping price, but do you have a good discount value through your checkout workflow ?I believe PayPal does not know what portion of the total billable amount is product vs shipping. Is there a way to configure PayPal to not apply the Affiliate discount to the grand total amount but rather just the product amount? Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154763
by serickson
Replied by serickson on topic Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
No. When I set "send details of order" to NO, I still get the same result (i.e. affiliate percentage applied to grand total, not just product). I really need to get this issue resolved since I am due to pay my Partners. Any other suggestions? I've attached a screenshot showing how I currently have things configured.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154771
by serickson
Replied by serickson on topic Affiliate discount getting applied shipping
Success! I solved the problem. I found an older post from someone with a similar problem in Europe. Per a reply from Xavier:
"Hi, There is a mistake with the translation, you have to check "Yes" to exclude the shipping fee."
So, fellow USA users: be sure to check YES for "Percentage fee including Shipping."
I guess sometimes No really does mean Yes!
"Hi, There is a mistake with the translation, you have to check "Yes" to exclude the shipping fee."
So, fellow USA users: be sure to check YES for "Percentage fee including Shipping."
I guess sometimes No really does mean Yes!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds