- Posts: 95
- Thank you received: 1
Affiliate does not work
12 years 4 months ago #155264
by vaclav
Affiliate does not work was created by vaclav
Hello,
My affilation function does not work - nothing happens in administration or at partners profile when someone clicks on the affilation link.
What am I doing wrong?
- plugin enabled
- partner account for user activated
- fee set to 10%
- order status made thru the affilation link changed to shipped
Any idea?
Thanks
Vaclav
My affilation function does not work - nothing happens in administration or at partners profile when someone clicks on the affilation link.
What am I doing wrong?
- plugin enabled
- partner account for user activated
- fee set to 10%
- order status made thru the affilation link changed to shipped
Any idea?
Thanks
Vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155285
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Affiliate does not work
Hi,
The url you wrote is not a working url.
I don't know why there is a parenthesis into but, there is no question mark ; I guess that's why the partner_id is not read by the plugin.
Something like that will be better :
Regards,
The url you wrote is not a working url.
I don't know why there is a parenthesis into but, there is no question mark ; I guess that's why the partner_id is not read by the plugin.
Something like that will be better :
Code:
http://www.thedomainwithhikashopaffiliate.cz/product-15?partner_id=42
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155294
by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Affiliate does not work
Hi Jerome,
thanks for your help. It works now.
I did it wrong as it is wrongly described in the documentation here (there is & instead of ?):
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...l#features_affiliate
Partner key : In the urls of the banners you will have a parameter automatically added which will enable HikaShop to know from which partner the user is coming from. This parameter's name can be customized. So instead of &partner_id=42 you could have &aff=42 appended at the end of the urls.
Thanks
Vaclav
thanks for your help. It works now.
I did it wrong as it is wrongly described in the documentation here (there is & instead of ?):
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...l#features_affiliate
Partner key : In the urls of the banners you will have a parameter automatically added which will enable HikaShop to know from which partner the user is coming from. This parameter's name can be customized. So instead of &partner_id=42 you could have &aff=42 appended at the end of the urls.
Thanks
Vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155302
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Affiliate does not work
Hi,
[ Instead of "&partner_id=2" you could have "&aff=42" ] does not means that you have to add it like that.
I agree that the explanation is not perfect but it explains that you can use another name of the url parameter.
The option allow you to choose the "key" for the parameter, not having "partner_id" but have something else.
For the rest, it is a url parameter, also called "Query String".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string
I updated the documentation to avoid misunderstandings.
Regards,
[ Instead of "&partner_id=2" you could have "&aff=42" ] does not means that you have to add it like that.
I agree that the explanation is not perfect but it explains that you can use another name of the url parameter.
The option allow you to choose the "key" for the parameter, not having "partner_id" but have something else.
For the rest, it is a url parameter, also called "Query String".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string
I updated the documentation to avoid misunderstandings.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155320
by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Affiliate does not work
I mean in the documentation is "&" instead of "?". With "&" it didnt work but with "?" it works.
The key partner or aff was clear to me.
The key partner or aff was clear to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds