- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Paypal Error
15 years 6 months ago #10116
by Naythan
Paypal Error was created by Naythan
Just installed the module and I'm playing around with it. I couldn't find this error on your forums.
I get the error...
"The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."
Is this something I need to fix in my paypal account?
Can I use encrypted buttons?
Thanks for the help
I get the error...
"The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."
Is this something I need to fix in my paypal account?
Can I use encrypted buttons?
Thanks for the help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10120
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Error
Hi,
This error is displayed because your PayPal Account Profile is set to only accept payments from "encrypted" buttons however, your item button code is "not" encrypted. This condition interrupts the payment process and displays the error message.
To turn off this option:
1. Log in to your PayPa Account.
2. Click "Profile" tabe or "Edit Profile" link.
3. Under "Selling Preferences", select "Website Payment Preferences".
4. In the section titled "Encrypted Website Payments" select "Off".
5. Click "Save".
This error is displayed because your PayPal Account Profile is set to only accept payments from "encrypted" buttons however, your item button code is "not" encrypted. This condition interrupts the payment process and displays the error message.
To turn off this option:
1. Log in to your PayPa Account.
2. Click "Profile" tabe or "Edit Profile" link.
3. Under "Selling Preferences", select "Website Payment Preferences".
4. In the section titled "Encrypted Website Payments" select "Off".
5. Click "Save".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10143
by Naythan
Replied by Naythan on topic Re: Paypal Error
Is it possible to use encrypted buttons with Hikashop?
What would be the Paypal Url I would use in the paypal plugin in order to test using Sandbox?
What would be the Paypal Url I would use in the paypal plugin in order to test using Sandbox?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10144
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Error
Encrypted buttons are not useful and are not supported by the ecommerce solutions I know. The payment amount is checked by hikashop when receiving the payment notification from paypal so even if someone try to change the amount to pay for an order, hikashop will detect it and refuse the payment.
The sandbox URL is: www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
The sandbox URL is: www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10145
by Naythan
Replied by Naythan on topic Re: Paypal Error
Ok, that looks good. I'm getting a little further.
New error.
Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to
I don't have any weight or valume to my product, which is a downloadable file... So it isn't shippable..
New error.
Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to
I don't have any weight or valume to my product, which is a downloadable file... So it isn't shippable..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10146
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Error
That's a common error paypal users face when the address entered is different from the address configured in their paypal account:
www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/746..._country_you_wish_to
It's not related to shipping in fact.
Try to use the same address. Alternatively, you can copy the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php to template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php
Then, in the copied file, add the code below right after the first <?php tag:
$vars["address_override"]='0';
That will avoid the error without any hack and you will be able to update hikashop without reapplying the modification each time.
www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/746..._country_you_wish_to
It's not related to shipping in fact.
Try to use the same address. Alternatively, you can copy the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php to template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php
Then, in the copied file, add the code below right after the first <?php tag:
$vars["address_override"]='0';
That will avoid the error without any hack and you will be able to update hikashop without reapplying the modification each time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10147
by Naythan
Replied by Naythan on topic Re: Paypal Error
After hitting the NEXT button, this error comes up..
Not Found
The requested URL /www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This is what is in the address bar. Why does the link prepend my sites web address?
www.cheshirefx.com/www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Not Found
The requested URL /www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This is what is in the address bar. Why does the link prepend my sites web address?
www.cheshirefx.com/www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10148
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Error
you didn't add https : // at the beginning of the sandbox URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10149
by Naythan
Replied by Naythan on topic Re: Paypal Error
oh yes, it didn't copy the https://
Looks like it's working.
I'm just waiting to see if the payment goes through and I get my download link...
Looks like it's working.
I'm just waiting to see if the payment goes through and I get my download link...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10331
by Naythan
Replied by Naythan on topic Re: Paypal Error
Very nice. Paypal is now working great.
Now to see if I can get some of the other payment types to work...
Thanks Nicolas
Now to see if I can get some of the other payment types to work...
Thanks Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds