- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
15 years 7 months ago #10465
by Spirited
How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend was created by Spirited
HI,
How do I remove your HikaShop advertisement from the frontend? It's nothing personal, I just don't want hackers to know I'm using Joomla.
Thanks in advance for your help!
How do I remove your HikaShop advertisement from the frontend? It's nothing personal, I just don't want hackers to know I'm using Joomla.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10469
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
Hi,
You can turn off the option "show footer" for that.
Please note that it won't prevent hackers from knowing if you're using joomla or not
I can tell you if you're using a joomla website or not by just looking at the HTML source code of your page. For example, some of the css files included in your page will always be in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/ as it's a standard joomla practice. There are a lot of other indicators so it's almost impossible to hide to a hacker the fact that you're using joomla. The best protection is to keep your website and its extensions up to date.
You can turn off the option "show footer" for that.
Please note that it won't prevent hackers from knowing if you're using joomla or not
I can tell you if you're using a joomla website or not by just looking at the HTML source code of your page. For example, some of the css files included in your page will always be in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/ as it's a standard joomla practice. There are a lot of other indicators so it's almost impossible to hide to a hacker the fact that you're using joomla. The best protection is to keep your website and its extensions up to date.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10559
by Spirited
Replied by Spirited on topic [Solved] Re: How to remove HikaShop tag
Wow, I feel kind of dumb. That was a strong oversight on my part. Thanks for your help though!
And thanks for the hacker info, I didn't know those things. But I'm not too worried about it, I had some professional help with securing my site.
And thanks for the hacker info, I didn't know those things. But I'm not too worried about it, I had some professional help with securing my site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46863
by Sapphire
Replied by Sapphire on topic Re: How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
I feel even more dumb! Where would I find 'show footer'
I too just want to customise my site and before I purchase a full editon of Hika Cart I want to find out if I can actually work out how to use it.
Many thanks
I too just want to customise my site and before I purchase a full editon of Hika Cart I want to find out if I can actually work out how to use it.
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46870
by jceg316
Replied by jceg316 on topic Re: How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
You can find it in System>configuration>Display. In the right column at the end is a box called "Footer" and you can switch it off in there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46874
by Sapphire
Replied by Sapphire on topic Re: How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
Thank you so much... I love this shopping cart and as soon as I get some experience using it I am definatly buying the full version. :woohoo:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #192547
by tbroderick
Replied by tbroderick on topic How to remove HikaShop tag from frontend
For anyone hesitating to pay for the Business edition, I strongly recommend getting it. The "Custom fields for products" and "Guest checkout" alone are worth the price.
I am a newbie to Hikashop and, because of the huge array of features, we have had a lot of questions for the Hikashop Team. But, their answers have been quick and helpful. You couldn't ask for more. But, having all of the features open up in the Business addition so you can both learn how to use them and also add them to your site(s) is a very cool thing.
Just my thoughts...
I am a newbie to Hikashop and, because of the huge array of features, we have had a lot of questions for the Hikashop Team. But, their answers have been quick and helpful. You couldn't ask for more. But, having all of the features open up in the Business addition so you can both learn how to use them and also add them to your site(s) is a very cool thing.
Just my thoughts...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by tbroderick.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds