- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 0
How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6
15 years 6 months ago #10730
by PaulG
How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6 was created by PaulG
Hello,
I have Hikashop Essentials running on my Joomla 1.5 site. I have migrated to 1.6, and the site is almost ready do go. I have installed Hikashop on the 1.6 site, but how do I get all of my products, customers, module stylings, etc. into the new site?
I have Hikashop Essentials running on my Joomla 1.5 site. I have migrated to 1.6, and the site is almost ready do go. I have installed Hikashop on the 1.6 site, but how do I get all of my products, customers, module stylings, etc. into the new site?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10734
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6
The problem is not really HikaShop but joomla. Since they changed the jos_menus, jos_modules and jos_user tables you can't just move your users/modules and menus to the new website by exporting and importing the tables...
For HikaShop's data, you can just export all the tables starting with jos_hikashop and import them on your new website. But since users, menus and modules options are linked to their instance in joomla, you won't get them easily unless you have a script to move the above mentioned tables and keep the same ids in them.
For HikaShop's data, you can just export all the tables starting with jos_hikashop and import them on your new website. But since users, menus and modules options are linked to their instance in joomla, you won't get them easily unless you have a script to move the above mentioned tables and keep the same ids in them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10816
by PaulG
Replied by PaulG on topic Re: How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6
So far, so good. I got the HikaShop data just fine. Now to work on the jos_menus, jos_modules and jos_user tables. I have no idea about getting or writing a script, but I may be able to figure out what I need to do.
Thanks for your help.
PaulG
Thanks for your help.
PaulG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10831
by PaulG
Replied by PaulG on topic Re: How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6
Ok, I'm really lost here. I have my products in place. I can't get the products to show up in the content modules. I go around and around in circles from menus, to products, to categories, to articles, to modules... It's not that I'm incapable. But this is so very confusing.
Can you explain step by step what I need to do to get my HikaShop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6?
Is it better to just start all over from scratch? Even then, it's so confusing, it's hard to know whether I'm on the right track.
Can you explain step by step what I need to do to get my HikaShop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6?
Is it better to just start all over from scratch? Even then, it's so confusing, it's hard to know whether I'm on the right track.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10844
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I move Hikashop from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6
As I said, moving HikaShop from one to the other is just about copying the hikashop tables.
The problem comes from moving the joomla tables. There is apparently a tool call jUpgrade to help you migrate all that data from one website to the other:
docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Migrating_from_...la_1.5_to_Joomla_1.6
You might want to tray that as it should greatly simplify the work.
Basically, when you had a hikashop menu with the id 50 in your previous website. You need to have the same menu with the same id in the new website so that all your settings in hikashop are used for it. Same for modules and users. That's all.
The problem comes from moving the joomla tables. There is apparently a tool call jUpgrade to help you migrate all that data from one website to the other:
docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Migrating_from_...la_1.5_to_Joomla_1.6
You might want to tray that as it should greatly simplify the work.
Basically, when you had a hikashop menu with the id 50 in your previous website. You need to have the same menu with the same id in the new website so that all your settings in hikashop are used for it. Same for modules and users. That's all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds