- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Two Questions: Integration and Testing
15 years 6 months ago #10985
by NatHarari
Two Questions: Integration and Testing was created by NatHarari
Hi there,
I have two questions I haven't found the answer to yet in the documents, but it's 9am so please go easy on me if it's there....
1) How can I make HikaShop the first page you land on when you hit the site? I know it is somewhere in Joomla 1.6 on making it the home page but I actually forgot where.
2) How can I test the payment system without actually charging anything to my credit card/pay pal account? Can I just charge something $0 to it and it'll work?
Thanks,
Nat.
I have two questions I haven't found the answer to yet in the documents, but it's 9am so please go easy on me if it's there....
1) How can I make HikaShop the first page you land on when you hit the site? I know it is somewhere in Joomla 1.6 on making it the home page but I actually forgot where.
2) How can I test the payment system without actually charging anything to my credit card/pay pal account? Can I just charge something $0 to it and it'll work?
Thanks,
Nat.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #10990
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Two Questions: Integration and Testing
Hi,
1/ you need to go in the menu item manager and set your menu as "default" so that it's used on the front page.
2/ It depends what is your payment method. PayPal has a sandbox system that you can use to test that for example, and authorize.net has a debug option which won't charge anything.
Also, you can try to use fake credit card number: www.darkcoding.net/credit-card-numbers/
The payments won't be validated so you will have to confirm the orders manually in the back end.
1/ you need to go in the menu item manager and set your menu as "default" so that it's used on the front page.
2/ It depends what is your payment method. PayPal has a sandbox system that you can use to test that for example, and authorize.net has a debug option which won't charge anything.
Also, you can try to use fake credit card number: www.darkcoding.net/credit-card-numbers/
The payments won't be validated so you will have to confirm the orders manually in the back end.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #10991
by NatHarari
Replied by NatHarari on topic Re: Two Questions: Integration and Testing
Hey there, thanks for the reply! 
1) I looked. I'm using 1.6 but I really can't figure it out.. I'm in Menu Items, and I only see:
User Menu
Top
About Joomla
Australian Parks
Main Menu
Fruit Shop
You mean I have to go into Main Menu > Menu Items, and do something there? Not really sure what you meant....
2) Great info and thanks. I figured there would be something like that. I'm definitely looking at that now.
EDIT: I found the home page thing. Thanks.
1) I looked. I'm using 1.6 but I really can't figure it out.. I'm in Menu Items, and I only see:
User Menu
Top
About Joomla
Australian Parks
Main Menu
Fruit Shop
You mean I have to go into Main Menu > Menu Items, and do something there? Not really sure what you meant....
2) Great info and thanks. I figured there would be something like that. I'm definitely looking at that now.
EDIT: I found the home page thing. Thanks.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by NatHarari.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds