- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Issue with text and change of characteristic
- streetwood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #11018
by streetwood
Issue with text and change of characteristic was created by streetwood
Hi Guys,
I am having a problem with the heading text of an item when I change the characteristics I have added. I have added 3 possible characteristics in a dropdown menu - size 5,6 & 8. When a user selects to change the characteristics the text size of the heading changes. It is then permanently at this size...Here is the link to a testing site where you can see the issue:
cool-10.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_...0&category_pathway=0
You will see that the text size in the item heading changes when you go to change the size of the ring....
Any ideas?!?
I am having a problem with the heading text of an item when I change the characteristics I have added. I have added 3 possible characteristics in a dropdown menu - size 5,6 & 8. When a user selects to change the characteristics the text size of the heading changes. It is then permanently at this size...Here is the link to a testing site where you can see the issue:
cool-10.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_...0&category_pathway=0
You will see that the text size in the item heading changes when you go to change the size of the ring....
Any ideas?!?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11025
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Hi,
The problem comes from the cufon replacer that you're using on your website ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...ign/typography/11243 ).
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...ign/typography/11243
In HikaShop, when you use characteristics, all the information of all the variants is stored on the page but only the current variant's information is displayed. The product name is also included in a h2 tag.
The cufon replacer replace the content of the h2 tag so the product name of the default variant is displayed with the cufon settings. But all the other viarants data is not replaced by cufon because they aren't in a h2 tag (they don't need to actually).
To solve the problem, you can either deactivate cufon, or edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the code:
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
by:
<h2>
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
</h2>
It's not sure that it will work but it should.
The problem comes from the cufon replacer that you're using on your website ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...ign/typography/11243 ).
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...ign/typography/11243
In HikaShop, when you use characteristics, all the information of all the variants is stored on the page but only the current variant's information is displayed. The product name is also included in a h2 tag.
The cufon replacer replace the content of the h2 tag so the product name of the default variant is displayed with the cufon settings. But all the other viarants data is not replaced by cufon because they aren't in a h2 tag (they don't need to actually).
To solve the problem, you can either deactivate cufon, or edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the code:
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
by:
<h2>
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
</h2>
It's not sure that it will work but it should.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- streetwood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #11027
by streetwood
Replied by streetwood on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the quick reply...
I am not sure that I am using cufon as I can not find it within the plugin or module manager. Is this where is should be located?
I also changed the code as you described but instead of changing the text it simply disappeared completely when I changed the characteristic in the front end.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the quick reply...
I am not sure that I am using cufon as I can not find it within the plugin or module manager. Is this where is should be located?
I also changed the code as you described but instead of changing the text it simply disappeared completely when I changed the characteristic in the front end.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11033
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Cufon might be directly integrated in your template then...
I don't see the change on your product page...
I don't see the change on your product page...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- streetwood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #11034
by streetwood
Replied by streetwood on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Hi,
I changed it back to the original issue...I have changed it now so you can have a look at it.
This is what I changed it too:
<h2>
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
</h2>
Thanks..
I changed it back to the original issue...I have changed it now so you can have a look at it.
This is what I changed it too:
<h2>
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
</h2>
Thanks..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11035
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Apparently, the cufon stuff doesn't work when the HTML is copied from one place to another.
So please try to remove completely the code:
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
and turn off the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display.
Another solution will be to contact your template provider... They should know cufon better than us how cufon works if they added it to your template.
So please try to remove completely the code:
<div id="hikashop_product_name_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo $variant->product_name;?>
</div>
and turn off the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display.
Another solution will be to contact your template provider... They should know cufon better than us how cufon works if they added it to your template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- streetwood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #11038
by streetwood
Replied by streetwood on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
Found Cufon, got it working.....
Thanks a lot.
Thanks a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- streetwood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #11091
by streetwood
Replied by streetwood on topic Re: Issue with text and change of characteristic
I actually didn't like the text when I removed Cufon so I went for your approach....I deleted the suggested code and turned off the characteristics in the product name option; this seemed to work.
Thanks...
Thanks...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds