- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Menu listings
15 years 6 months ago #11058
by Wulfstan
Menu listings was created by Wulfstan
I'm just trying out the basic shop to make sure it does what I want and I have a question regarding the Menu system. I'm trying to get it to work in the following way, (using "homeware" as an example).
Action 1:
Top menu item is "homeware". If you click on "homeware" it takes you to a page where you have "plates", "cups" & "bowls". Clicking on one of these takes you to the relevent section. For example you click on "plates" and it takes you to a page showing the different types of plates available, eg, wood, plastic, metal, china. Clicking on one of these gives you a list of products available.
Action 2:
Top menu item is "homeware". When you put your mouse over the top of "homeware" you get a list of categories eg; "plates", "cups", "bowls". Clicking on one of these takes you to the relevent section. For example you click on "plates" and it takes you to a page showing the different types of plates available, eg, wood, plastic, metal, china. Clicking on one of these gives you a list of products available.
I have managed to get part of this working, but not properly. I get the list of categories, but when I click on one of them, for example, "plates" it loads a page showing the categories "plates", "cups", "bowls". This actually happens no matter what category I click on, you get the same response.
I'm certain it's down to how I'm setting it up, so some advice on where I'm going wrong would be great.
Many thanks,
Wulfstan
Action 1:
Top menu item is "homeware". If you click on "homeware" it takes you to a page where you have "plates", "cups" & "bowls". Clicking on one of these takes you to the relevent section. For example you click on "plates" and it takes you to a page showing the different types of plates available, eg, wood, plastic, metal, china. Clicking on one of these gives you a list of products available.
Action 2:
Top menu item is "homeware". When you put your mouse over the top of "homeware" you get a list of categories eg; "plates", "cups", "bowls". Clicking on one of these takes you to the relevent section. For example you click on "plates" and it takes you to a page showing the different types of plates available, eg, wood, plastic, metal, china. Clicking on one of these gives you a list of products available.
I have managed to get part of this working, but not properly. I get the list of categories, but when I click on one of them, for example, "plates" it loads a page showing the categories "plates", "cups", "bowls". This actually happens no matter what category I click on, you get the same response.
I'm certain it's down to how I'm setting it up, so some advice on where I'm going wrong would be great.
Many thanks,
Wulfstan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11068
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Menu listings
You need to go in the hikashop options of your menu and set the "parent category" of the plates menu to the category "plates". That way, when you click on it, the system will display the sub categories of the plates category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11240
by Wulfstan
Replied by Wulfstan on topic Re: Menu listings
That's great... took me 20 minutes and I suddenly realised I was still doing it wrong. All sorted now. Very nice. Many thanks!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds