- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Coupon discount for only one product
- hypnotic11us
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #11098
by hypnotic11us
Coupon discount for only one product was created by hypnotic11us
Hello!
As I understand, when I add a coupon, its discount is applied to every product. My need is to only have a product for one coupon code. Is this possible?
Thank you!
As I understand, when I add a coupon, its discount is applied to every product. My need is to only have a product for one coupon code. Is this possible?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11105
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Coupon discount for only one product
In our commercial edition, you get additional options when creating a coupon so that you can for example apply the coupon to the order only if a specific product is in the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hypnotic11us
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #11133
by hypnotic11us
Replied by hypnotic11us on topic Re: Coupon discount for only one product
I understand. But you say that the coupon is applied to the order if a specific product is in the cart. What I am after si to only apply the coupon to that specific product, not to the others as well in the cart. Is that what you mean also?
I am also interested if it is possible, in order to show my customers that there is a general discount for a product, to display an old price that is cut with a line next to the new price. Can this be done in HikaShop?
Thank you very much!
I am also interested if it is possible, in order to show my customers that there is a general discount for a product, to display an old price that is cut with a line next to the new price. Can this be done in HikaShop?
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11139
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Coupon discount for only one product
A coupon is applied to all the cart. If you create a coupon of $2 for product X, if that product is in the cart, $2 will be substracted to the total, regardless of the quantity of that product or other products in the cart.
If you want to apply automatically that discount to the product price, then you should create a discount and not a coupon. Discounts are applied to the products prices directly and not to the whole cart. So if you create a discount of $2 for a product, then you will have a discount of $4 if you have that product twice in the cart.
Your second point can also be done with discounts. I think that you want to use discounts and not coupons.
If you want to apply automatically that discount to the product price, then you should create a discount and not a coupon. Discounts are applied to the products prices directly and not to the whole cart. So if you create a discount of $2 for a product, then you will have a discount of $4 if you have that product twice in the cart.
Your second point can also be done with discounts. I think that you want to use discounts and not coupons.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds