- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
problem with tax zones and individual/company
I installed tax zone "European Union" and its subzones (27 countries).
I installed tax rate 19% and added this to all products.
Yet, if I register being a Dutch client, the tax does not appear on the checkout page?
Besides that, I see that I can set the tax rules for an Individual, a Company with VAT number and for a Company without VAT number.
Yet, if I register being a new client, there is no field to say that I am an individual or a company?
This HikaShop is breathtaking compared to osCommerce, but I have some problems finding explanations in the documentation..
With kind regards,
Edze
I reloaded an old database.. that's probably why the VAT did not show up!
Now I have the first product in the product list with 19 % VAT...
still I do not see the VAT in the checkout.
gcp-dental.totalwebshops.nl
website
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give a screenshot of your listing of tax rules ? Did you set a tax category in your tax rules ? Did you add that tax category to your products ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What did you set in the config for the main customer type option ?
You can configure your address form via the menu Display->Custom fields. You will be able to activate the company field and the VAT number fields and hikashop will handle the customer type automatically based on the values entered by your users.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where can I find this main customer type option in the Config?
Please have a look at the pic, I activated the custom fields address_tax and address_vat.
In order to avoid any cache problems, I looked at this page with several browsers, but I see no result on the Create account page.
Kind regards,
Edze
EDIT: Of course the company and vat fields have to be Published, not Required
Kind regards,
Edze
:blush:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Don't feel sorry, I'm just stupid....
Anyway, I do not seem to manage this VAT item. The shop should already be running.
You could help me enormously if you would login and have a quick look!
Can I send you a personal message with the login data, please?
Kind regards,
Edze
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. You had the option "Default address type" to all, but it should be "individual" (which is the default value!).
2. You created additional zones for the countries with the type "tax" and used those new zones in your european zone and tax rules.
That's why it didn't work. The european zone already has all the european countries in it. You don't have to change to change it or create new zones. Because of that hikashop wasn't able to link the address country ( for netherlands it's the zone 150 ) with the one in your tax rules (with the id 4506). Where now, the zone in the tax rule is the one with the id 150 and the one in the address also has the same id so the system is able to match the tax rules with the address and the tax is applied.
I didn't add back all the european countries to the european zone but I let you do it...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Two things:
1. You had the option "Default address type" to all, but it should be "individual" (which is the default value!).
2. You created additional zones for the countries with the type "tax" and used those new zones in your european zone and tax rules.
That's why it didn't work. The european zone already has all the european countries in it. You don't have to change to change it or create new zones. Because of that hikashop wasn't able to link the address country ( for netherlands it's the zone 150 ) with the one in your tax rules (with the id 4506). Where now, the zone in the tax rule is the one with the id 150 and the one in the address also has the same id so the system is able to match the tax rules with the address and the tax is applied.
I didn't add back all the european countries to the european zone but I let you do it...
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for having a look at my problem.
However, I am ashamed... I still don't understand this philosophy.
The first item Default address type, I understand.
The second one, tax zones, I now understand that the id of the countries should be the same in Countries as in Taxes as in Payment zones.
When I look at the tax zone European Union and its subzones, I see now three countries (I added United Kongdom) and a lot of empty lines with just the trash can on those lines. What are these empty lines? Can or should I delete them?
Kind regards,
Edze
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hi Nicolas,These are the left overs of the tax zones you had created. You can just ignore them.
Thank you for your help!
I wonder where I can delete those empty lines, which only have a delete button.
It seems that the list with empty lines grows when I try to delete those lines.
I added all 27 countries in the European Union, let's see if this works and then I will create the WORLD zone with all other countries..
Regards,
Edze
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What you can do is go in your phpmyadmin and delete these entries in the table jos_hikashop_zone_link. You can search for the europe in the parent namekey field... The names should be explicit enough so that you can determine which one to delete.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hi Nicolas,It seems to be a bug and the system is not able to delete the link because the pointed zone does not exist anymore.
What you can do is go in your phpmyadmin and delete these entries in the table jos_hikashop_zone_link. You can search for the europe in the parent namekey field... The names should be explicit enough so that you can determine which one to delete.
Found it in phpmyadmin, that is the tax_europe_.... , but not one empty line. I will just leave it as is.
Kind regards,
Edze
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
I had another Hikashop user e-mail me directly last week about the taxes. He was also not getting it to work. I think it might be a good idea to see if you can set it up more user friendly. I haven't really looked at it clearly, but he told me it confused him.
Just to let you know
Regards
David
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That would be great if we could simplify the process.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.