- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Searching by custom field
15 years 6 months ago #11695
by tevez32
Searching by custom field was created by tevez32
I've created a custom field 'colour' in the product table.
I want it to be searchable from the front end - so for example if it were a bike shop to show 'blue' bikes.
Anyone offer a hand?
Many thanks
Nick
I want it to be searchable from the front end - so for example if it were a bike shop to show 'blue' bikes.
Anyone offer a hand?
Many thanks
Nick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11699
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Searching by custom field
HikaShop integrates with the joomla search module using two plugins: hikashop categories search and hikashop products search.
In the products search plugin's options, you can select the fields on which you want it to search. That way, when someone enters blue in the search box, it would display all the products with the blue value selected.
In the products search plugin's options, you can select the fields on which you want it to search. That way, when someone enters blue in the search box, it would display all the products with the blue value selected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12297
by agrfoto
Replied by agrfoto on topic Re: Searching by custom field
I too would like a page where all products can be searched, but using drop down menus or check boxes with the main category listing, so that the user doesn't have to know to write 'limited edition prints", "panoramic prints", classic prints" etc.
If the user wants only to look at images of Australia that are available as Limited Edition then it would be good to offer them some short cuts, and show a page with those products only. The general search would show too many irrelevant products.
In the HikaShop (Pro) modules/plugin I do not see anywhere to add these, or in fact in Joomla. Perhaps I am looking at this wrong?
Many thanks for any help to get the ball rolling again.
If the user wants only to look at images of Australia that are available as Limited Edition then it would be good to offer them some short cuts, and show a page with those products only. The general search would show too many irrelevant products.
In the HikaShop (Pro) modules/plugin I do not see anywhere to add these, or in fact in Joomla. Perhaps I am looking at this wrong?
Many thanks for any help to get the ball rolling again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12300
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Searching by custom field
There is no filters configurable.
What you can do is create a module listing your different categories trees.
Advanced filters configuration will come in the future.
What you can do is create a module listing your different categories trees.
Advanced filters configuration will come in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12303
by agrfoto
Replied by agrfoto on topic Re: Searching by custom field
That explains it.
I look forward to a future version then
Thanks again Nicolas for your quick and concise replies!
I look forward to a future version then
Thanks again Nicolas for your quick and concise replies!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds