- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Having trouble with multiple characteristics
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #12036
by badgeorama
Having trouble with multiple characteristics was created by badgeorama
I'm trying to add new products, with multiple characteristics... for example:
The product is a Medium name badge and the customer needs to choose the following:
A picture (60 to choose from)
A Font (20 to choose from)
A colour for the text (16 to choose)
A colour for the background. (16 to choose)
So I've just gone through and added the "Picture" charactistics/variants and I had just started adding the fonts and it looks like I need to go through and add a variant for each picture with each font... I can't just add a stand alone charactistic for "Font"...
Is that making sense?
If I don't link up each Font variant with each Picture variant it shows up as product not available!
So if that's true then I will have to end up adding 1000s of variant combinations - 60 pictures x 20 fonts x 16 text colours x 16 background colours!!!
Surely there's an easier way?!? Please tell me I'm missing something!!!
- Kristal -
The product is a Medium name badge and the customer needs to choose the following:
A picture (60 to choose from)
A Font (20 to choose from)
A colour for the text (16 to choose)
A colour for the background. (16 to choose)
So I've just gone through and added the "Picture" charactistics/variants and I had just started adding the fonts and it looks like I need to go through and add a variant for each picture with each font... I can't just add a stand alone charactistic for "Font"...
Is that making sense?
If I don't link up each Font variant with each Picture variant it shows up as product not available!
So if that's true then I will have to end up adding 1000s of variant combinations - 60 pictures x 20 fonts x 16 text colours x 16 background colours!!!
Surely there's an easier way?!? Please tell me I'm missing something!!!
- Kristal -
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12038
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
Characteristics are to be used for when you need to specify the price or quantity or other information of the product based on the value of the characteristic.
If a characteristic doesn't influence that, you should consider using instead a custom field (via the menu Display->Custom fields) attached to the table "item" (business version only).
Note that custom item fields will be added to the product page of all your products.
If a characteristic doesn't influence that, you should consider using instead a custom field (via the menu Display->Custom fields) attached to the table "item" (business version only).
Note that custom item fields will be added to the product page of all your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12039
by badgeorama
Replied by badgeorama on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
Grrrr.. yet again as with everything i've done on Joomla - its 90% perfect, does everything I want except for that last little 10% that is probably the most important!!! 
Thanks for the quick reply
Thanks for the quick reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12040
by badgeorama
Replied by badgeorama on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
nicolas wrote:
Is there a way to "trial" the business version?? I'm a little reluctant to purchase if it's still not going to be the full 100% that I need!
...attached to the table "item" (business version only)
Is there a way to "trial" the business version?? I'm a little reluctant to purchase if it's still not going to be the full 100% that I need!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12041
by badgeorama
Replied by badgeorama on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
Ok sorry realised I could demo the business version on this site...doing that now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12042
by badgeorama
Replied by badgeorama on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
nicolas wrote:
With this be changed in the near future??? I don't want the same fields on every product. Now that I've had a demo on your site, I would be willing to buy the business version BUT only if I could specify which products to add it to.
I'm getting very frustrated that I can't do the simple things I want to do on Joomla.
Note that custom item fields will be added to the product page of all your products.
With this be changed in the near future??? I don't want the same fields on every product. Now that I've had a demo on your site, I would be willing to buy the business version BUT only if I could specify which products to add it to.
I'm getting very frustrated that I can't do the simple things I want to do on Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12045
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
I understand your frustration. HikaShop has only been out for half a year and custom item fields have been added 2 months ago. It will improve, we just need the time to do it 
I can't guarantee you that such thing will be added in the near future. It depends on what you call near future and the time we can free to develop.
I can't guarantee you that such thing will be added in the near future. It depends on what you call near future and the time we can free to develop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- badgeorama
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12047
by badgeorama
Replied by badgeorama on topic Re: Having trouble with multiple characteristics
Thanks Nicolas, I appreciate your replies. I love Hikashop, it's been the easiest thing to set up! It's just that if I can't get that one little thing to work, then it will all be pointless.
I will keep an eye out for all updates
Thanks again!!
I will keep an eye out for all updates
Thanks again!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds