Skip to main content

Where is zone in taxes? [solved]

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12184 by sderrico
Hello guys!

I am using hikashop business. Where can I specify "zone" in taxes?

I see the field in "list" mode but when I edit, I do not see any field to set the zone for this tax.

Thanks,
Have a great day!
Sébastien
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12193 by sderrico
Hello,

I found zone in taxes. After some tests, shipping is taxed, is there a way to NOT tax the shipping?

Thanks,
Have a great day!
Sébastien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12207 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where is zone in taxes?
When you configure your shipping methods, you have a "tax category" option. If you set that option to "none", you won't have any taxes applied to the shipping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12222 by sderrico
Hello Nicolas,

It is already set to "none". Strangely, it is paypal that add the tax.

Can I send you the password of the website through to an email address?

Also, is it possible to pay to have customer support? Example: sharing screen.

Thanks,
Have a great day!
Sébastien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12236 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where is zone in taxes?
If paypal is adding the tax to your shipping, you should check your paypal account settings: getsatisfaction.com/paypal/topics/why_do...ions_mad_via_my_site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12315 by sderrico
Thank you Nicolas, you are right.
I have another issue, still related about taxes. Here a description:

I am trying to calculate the taxes as follow:
if state=QUEBEC and country=CANADA, tax is 13.5%
if state is anything except QUEBEC and country is canada, tax is 5%
else tax is 0%

Here what I did:
I created a tax category called "standard"
I added two sub-category under "standard" called "TPS" and "TVQ"
I created two tax zones:
- one with the state QUEBEC callec "tax_quebec"
- another one selecting all state of Canada except QUEBEC called "tax_canada"
I created two taxes
-tax_canada
-tax_quebec
I assigned "standard" as tax in product

I expected that:
if the customer address is in quebec state, the system display 13.5% in taxes,
if the customer address is in alberta state, the system display 5% in taxes,
if the customer address is else where, there is no taxes to pay

What ever I enter in the address, I always get 5% taxes but the shipping works fine.

Here some printscreen about the configuration.
Here the URL of the website: www.irememberastory.com/

Do you have an idea what I did that the system did not like?
Also, should I create a new thread?

Thank you very much!
Have a great day!
Sebastien

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by sderrico.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12316 by sderrico
(deleted)
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by sderrico.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12331 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where is zone in taxes?
Could you try the fix in that post: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...ere-is-it.html#12323
We just found about that bug today in the latest version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12340 by sderrico
Thank you Nicolas!

You are the man!

Everything works fine!

Curiosity, is it possible to remove the footer:
"HikaShop , Joomla!™ Online Store Component"

Thanks,
Have a nice day!
Sébastien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12345 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where is zone in taxes?
You can turn that off in the config under the tab display with the show footer option

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12392 by sderrico
Thank you Nicolas,

Everything is set perfectly!

You rock!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12393 by sderrico
How can we rename the topic to "Solved" ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #12401 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where is zone in taxes?
I've done it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum