- Posts: 71
- Thank you received: 1
Menu Links & Taxes
I needed to add drop down menu links directly to each category. I created an external menu link to each category - is there a way to do it within hikashop?
By doing this - the taxes only for the state of TN are not working - everything is getting taxed.
What do I need to do to get the taxes working only in TN - or setting up a simple menu link to each category?
Thanks - I just purchased your extension today and posted a great review on joomla.org.
Jackie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
my links from the top drop down menu are now working and taxes are no longer showing up on these pages.
I am still having issues with taxes. I have added the zone TN (9.25% tax) for orders shipping within the state of TN. All other states should not have tax. Since I upgraded (and added the new drop down links), the cart is now adding taxes to all states. I have assigned the TN state tax category to each product. It is charging 9.25% tax regardless of if the buyer is in TN or other states.
Also - I have since added a menu in the left hand column using the content modules. The categories are showing on the home shoppping page: wakeclothing.com/index.php/shop
But if you click onto one of the pages - the subitems disappear: wakeclothing.com/index.php/shop/category...ing/cid-11/name-hats
And only the title appears. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong in setting up the menus?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try the fix in that post: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...ere-is-it.html#12323
We just found about that bug today in the latest version.
For your left module, please make sure that the content synchronization option in the hikashop options of your module is turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is still a published zone, and it is still a published tax category. (?)
What are my next steps?
Jackie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you set the "price without tax" option in the hikashop options of your products listing menu ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here are the settings I have selected:
Configuration > Main: My main tax tone is Tennessee - is this correct?
Configuration > Display: Default parameters for products; Show Tax Prices: No Tax
I am not seeing any tax selections in the content menu or content module areas.
Am I missing a selection?
Also - perhaps because of the way I have set up the menus: wakeclothing.com/
I have a drop down menu from the main menu, and then I also have a left hand column menu on the shop pages. Sometimes the pricing show up without tax, sometimes with tax. Lately - it seems to always include tax on my browser.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When I do this - the menu no longer shows up - it is blank.
wakeclothing.com/index.php/shop/product/.../category_pathway-10
Note - the top menu - Product Categories - lists each menu link - but taxes are showing in the price.
The 2nd menu - Categories - is not showing the links at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, per your recommendations - I tested a new menu.
Display > Content Modules
Type of Product: Product
Here I was able to select the setting "No Tax" (you cannot choose this setting if you select category)
But - you will notice in this test menu - it is blank without any categories listed.
See the blank space below "Categories" in left hand column (under the product categories menu - above shopping cart)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Which menu should I be using (Categories vs Product).
If I use Categories - how do I get the tax to not show up since it is NOT an option in this screen.
If I use Products - how do I get the categories to show up under my title in the left hand screen vs. blank white space?
Thanks -
Jackie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you so much for your patience with me. I changed ALL modules and it is now working. That was the trick.
I really appreciate your support.
I did purchase last weekend & posted a great review for you on joomla.org.
Jackie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.