- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Optional items during checkout
15 years 6 months ago #12336
by bpatton
Optional items during checkout was created by bpatton
Hello-
I am looking to make something happen during checkout that I can't quite figure out. My client has items for sale that are parts of bundles. Once a user buys the main bundle, they can then have the opportunity to purchase additional components of the bundle at a discounted rate. For instance, if a bundle consists of 5 core items, during the checkout process they are then allowed to buy additional copies of items 2-5 at a discounted rate. How I would see this happening is during the checkout process, once they have selected the main bundle, they then have a screen where they are given the option to buy additional copies of these components. For instance, I add the main bundle to my cart, on the next screen during checkout I could then (and only then) be given the option to purchase these additional items in a subsequent screen. The reason for this is because we want to prevent users from buying the components a la carte while avoiding the main purchase price.
How would I best go about that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am looking to make something happen during checkout that I can't quite figure out. My client has items for sale that are parts of bundles. Once a user buys the main bundle, they can then have the opportunity to purchase additional components of the bundle at a discounted rate. For instance, if a bundle consists of 5 core items, during the checkout process they are then allowed to buy additional copies of items 2-5 at a discounted rate. How I would see this happening is during the checkout process, once they have selected the main bundle, they then have a screen where they are given the option to buy additional copies of these components. For instance, I add the main bundle to my cart, on the next screen during checkout I could then (and only then) be given the option to purchase these additional items in a subsequent screen. The reason for this is because we want to prevent users from buying the components a la carte while avoiding the main purchase price.
How would I best go about that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12346
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Optional items during checkout
Hi,
There is no bundle handling in HikaShop. What you could do is have a characteristic or two which you would add to a "bundle" product and set the different prices of the bundle based on what the user choose to for the values of the characteristics (with product A or without, with product B or without,etc) so that your customers can select that on the bundle's product page before the checkout.
There is no bundle handling in HikaShop. What you could do is have a characteristic or two which you would add to a "bundle" product and set the different prices of the bundle based on what the user choose to for the values of the characteristics (with product A or without, with product B or without,etc) so that your customers can select that on the bundle's product page before the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds