- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Product not showing in the category?
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #12353
by richardhamilton
Product not showing in the category? was created by richardhamilton
Sorry to worry
I have created a mutitude of categories in my shop, have imported roughly 100 products associated with those categories .. BUT .. no products show when I click on the categoy .. am I missing something ?
www.bigbirdcrafts.com
You'll see the categories are listed, but the products aren't ... card making / card paper has about 20 products
Please help
Thanks
I have created a mutitude of categories in my shop, have imported roughly 100 products associated with those categories .. BUT .. no products show when I click on the categoy .. am I missing something ?
www.bigbirdcrafts.com
You'll see the categories are listed, but the products aren't ... card making / card paper has about 20 products
Please help
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12373
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
You need to go in the menu Display->Content menus and edit your menu. There, check the option "associated modules". Unpublish any module which would be published there and save the options. That should display an error message with a link to automatically create the products listing module associated with your category listing menu and you should then see the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12376
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Thanks for the reply Nickolas, I'm not getting it ... I have obviously done something wrong somewhere ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12379
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
What are you not getting ? The error message ?
Could you try to create a new menu of the type hikashop category listing ? Do you get the products ?
Could you try to create a new menu of the type hikashop category listing ? Do you get the products ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12384
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Nicholas, I think you hav a great product, I've used VM for some time, but because it wasn't 1.6 stable I thought I would try your shopping cart, however, I'm finding it extremely difficult to set up so I may wait for a stable VM release in 1.6 ... thanks anyway, Your support is prompt and great !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12397
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Ok. It should be straight forward though. Normally, just creating a menu via the menu manager should be enough. If that doesn't work, then you would have to create the associated module yourself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12404
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Nicholas, is there any way you could just help me set up one page with products and I can see what you're doing ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12405
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Ok, I now have a product list page with all card paper as required, Only thing I need to do now is accociate the list page with the category link on the category list page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12409
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Nope, I thought I had it .... 
Ok, so now I have a category listing on the sidepanel .. how do I associate the product page with that list please Nicholas?
Ok, so now I have a category listing on the sidepanel .. how do I associate the product page with that list please Nicholas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- richardhamilton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12411
by richardhamilton
Replied by richardhamilton on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Ok, I'm done battling .. I've installed another cart system ... thanks for the help anway .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12433
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product not showing in the category?
Ok. We'll continue to improve hikashop in the future so don't hesitate to come back in the future 
For everyone else reading this thread:
You can find a tutorial on the page below which explains how to display your content on the front end:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
As I said, it should just be a matter of creating a menu and/or a module, as explained in the doc.
For everyone else reading this thread:
You can find a tutorial on the page below which explains how to display your content on the front end:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
As I said, it should just be a matter of creating a menu and/or a module, as explained in the doc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds