- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Deplete Quantity when Payment is Confirmed
15 years 6 months ago #12513
by jaime815
Deplete Quantity when Payment is Confirmed was created by jaime815
Hi there,
I was wondering if there's a way to change the way product quantities are reduced. I'm hoping that instead of when an order is "created," it could deplete when the order is "confirmed." I understand the order has to be created before payment is confirmed, but I'm more concerned about my client seeing inaccurate quantities of their products.
Is there any way you could help?
Thanks so much!
I was wondering if there's a way to change the way product quantities are reduced. I'm hoping that instead of when an order is "created," it could deplete when the order is "confirmed." I understand the order has to be created before payment is confirmed, but I'm more concerned about my client seeing inaccurate quantities of their products.
Is there any way you could help?
Thanks so much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12517
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Deplete Quantity when Payment is Confirmed
Hi,
The problem is that if for example the shop owner accepts bank transfer, you want to lock the quantity when the order is created, not when it is confirmed. Otherwise, you might sell stuff that you actually don't have on your end.
The solution is to cancel the order if the users don't pay for it after a while. That will restore the quantity. A plugin to do that automatically should not be too difficult to build actually.
The problem is that if for example the shop owner accepts bank transfer, you want to lock the quantity when the order is created, not when it is confirmed. Otherwise, you might sell stuff that you actually don't have on your end.
The solution is to cancel the order if the users don't pay for it after a while. That will restore the quantity. A plugin to do that automatically should not be too difficult to build actually.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12597
by jaime815
Replied by jaime815 on topic Re: Deplete Quantity when Payment is Confirmed
Hi there,
Thanks for your response. I understand your point about the bank transfer, but unfortunately, I don't believe my client would ever use a bank transfer.
Also, I don't know how to build plugins. Is this something that is on your development schedule as an update to HikaShop, or something you could complete for me with payment?
Thanks
Thanks for your response. I understand your point about the bank transfer, but unfortunately, I don't believe my client would ever use a bank transfer.
Also, I don't know how to build plugins. Is this something that is on your development schedule as an update to HikaShop, or something you could complete for me with payment?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12620
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Deplete Quantity when Payment is Confirmed
It's on our near future schedule.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds