- Posts: 98
- Thank you received: 3
same file, more than one product
15 years 6 months ago #12635
by cpreen
same file, more than one product was created by cpreen
Hi Nicolas,
I have a situation where I sell a software downloadable that I developed either standalone or as bundles with other software. These are separate products in my shop and the pricing for the bundle is less than buying the parts separately.
Problem comes when I add the downloadable file to the products. Each time it gets uploaded with a different filename, when what I actually want is all these products to point to the same filename. Reason why? Because I develop my software constantly and I don't want to have to update several different files each time I fix a bug.
When I looked in your tables I see that the files have a field that points to the product id not the other way around.
Conrad
I have a situation where I sell a software downloadable that I developed either standalone or as bundles with other software. These are separate products in my shop and the pricing for the bundle is less than buying the parts separately.
Problem comes when I add the downloadable file to the products. Each time it gets uploaded with a different filename, when what I actually want is all these products to point to the same filename. Reason why? Because I develop my software constantly and I don't want to have to update several different files each time I fix a bug.
When I looked in your tables I see that the files have a field that points to the product id not the other way around.
Conrad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12639
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: same file, more than one product
Indeed. If you want to do that, the only solution will be to upload your files via the interface and then edit the records in the hikashop_files table so that all the file entries point to the same file. Then, they will all use the same file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12680
by cpreen
Replied by cpreen on topic Re: same file, more than one product
Hi Nicolas,
Yes I did that. Of course poking around using PHPmyAdmin is decidely sub-optimal. How about adding a 'browse existing files' button and an 'upload new file' button in the product file edit dialog?
This would also be useful for some icons that get used in more than one place. Right now there's a gradual bloat of duplicated media.
Conrad
Yes I did that. Of course poking around using PHPmyAdmin is decidely sub-optimal. How about adding a 'browse existing files' button and an 'upload new file' button in the product file edit dialog?
This would also be useful for some icons that get used in more than one place. Right now there's a gradual bloat of duplicated media.
Conrad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12683
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: same file, more than one product
Yes, that's in the todo list but we didn't had the time to look at it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds